Phones around 4.8"-5.2" with mid to high specs

tbonecopper

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I figure while I'm on the eternal wait list for a Google Pixel 5", I thought I'd explore alternatives.Unfortunately I have t-rex hands and larger frame phones (5.5" or so) ... yea, they aren't a good fit for me.

I really like the OnePlus 3T but it's just too big.

Does anyone have any suggestions for this segment? 4.8" - 5.2" devices with good specs like a Pixel or similar? I looked at the Xperia X Compact, but I'm just off the heels of a bad relationship with a Sony Xperia XZ and don't want to get back in one with it's cousin. ;)

Last edited:

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
It's always tricky finding a nice device around the 5.0" range since most flagships are getting bigger and bigger :)

My first suggestion would be the Google Pixel. Obviously that's really hard to find at the moment. My second choice, would be the Samsung Galaxy S7 at 5.1". Maybe even try the iPhone 7. It's only 4.7" but you never know it may be just big enough for you :D

There is also the Sony Experia X compact. I'll continue to have a think about more devices today and post back later.

A droid a day keeps the Apple away

tbonecopper

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestions. Matty, yes, I have no idea why they keep getting bigger and bigger. They may as well equip all phones, phablets, and tablets, as well as anything I left out, with LTE and put a phone app on them.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestions. Matty, yes, I have no idea why they keep getting bigger and bigger. They may as well equip all phones, phablets, and tablets, as well as anything I left out, with LTE and put a phone app on them.

Did you decide on a new phone yet, OP? :)

tbonecopper

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
One of the best phones I've owned, tbh. Camera is pretty good, fast, responsive, haven't been able to slow it down yet - believe me I've tried.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781