Ive been looking into getting a samsung s5 mini

i know its not super new... but i love samsung, i love the smaller form factor, and id be upgrading from essentially an S2. theres an update for android 6 released for it as well.

ive spotted a few on ebay, but im not sure how to tell if its original from samsung? how do you go about finding out? or do you just take your chances?
    04-01-2017 11:42 PM
    Ive been looking into getting a samsung s5 mini

i know its not super new... but i love samsung, i love the smaller form factor, and id be upgrading from essentially an S2. theres an update for android 6 released for it as well.

ive spotted a few on ebay, but im not sure how to tell if its original from samsung? how do you go about finding out? or do you just take your chances?
    There is no way to know without having it IN your hands. BUT using eBay is a great idea, because you are covered by them if it's not real.
    Long story short. If it says it's real in the ad, and it's fake, you contact the seller and demand a refund.
    If they refuse or ignore you, then you open a case with eBAY, and if eBay doesn't get your money back from the seller, they will pay you back.

So either way you are covered
    04-02-2017 12:10 AM
    Hmm ok so that's good to know. I didn't know if id just be out of luck if it were fake.

I have an s5 that I use as a tablet cuz it's just so large. I had credit with my carrier and I had been wanting a tablet so I went for it.

I know specs wise its less than a full size s5, but it will also be better than my current s2, which has been crashing a decent amount, with something simple as opening my camera app

I thought of just formatting that one, but then there's still games and stuff that just don't run smooth anymore. I like using hand cent for texting and it's even crashed on me while looking at themes on there recently. Lol.
    mhinc likes this.
    04-02-2017 01:43 AM
    So I decided to go for it

I figured there's not many left out there, and I knew if I sat on the idea and they all sold out that I'd regret it. Figured absolute worst case I hate it for some reason, could always return or resell it.

But when it does get here, what are some key things to look for regarding its real vs fake stats ?

And also, if it were a fake, does that mean it's straight up *bad* ? Or would a fake be still worth keeping (while asking for some refund if I could prove it) ? Are there experiences with "good fakes" out there?
    04-06-2017 03:48 AM