Looking for a smoothly running Android Phone

DeltaTimo

Apr 4, 2017
Visit site
Hey there everyone,

I'm going to put an end to my misery of owning a Windows Phone and not being able to keep up with the current Android Apps.

I currently own a Lumia 535 which I have bought for 149€ and which is currently available for 99€. It's running perfectly - but it's running Windows Phone 10 and it's not an option anymore.

So... I'm looking for an Android Phone that's running the Android System smoothly. I'm not looking to play super-high-performance requiring 3D Applications as I'm mostly going to use Messenger Apps like Telegram, WhatsApp or Snapchat, I'd like to be able to browse the internet without much additional load time apart from the connection and the browser itself and I should be able to listen to music as well as watching videos and taking photos and videos. Most 2D Apps should also work smoothly.

As I have basically no idea what kind of hardware is important for running an Android System/Phone, I am not writing down any explicit hardware requirements here apart from the above worded requirements.
The price of the phone should be below 300€, preferably below 200 or 250€. I have noticed that this price seems pretty low for an Android Phone, but I'm trying my luck anyway since it's working for Windows Phones.

I haven't yet found a website where I can see virtually all the Android Phones in a table-like view including Processor-clocking, RAM, Disk, SD-Card-availability and of course Price. So if any of you actually know a website where I can browse phones in that style, I'd appreciate it if you could tell me.

I also know this isn't the best way of asking for help as it's mostly worded requirements and no real hardware-requirements that you could easily associate with certain phones, but I'm really unsure about Android and I've had bad experiences with my previous Android Phones.

Thank you a lot,
~Timo

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Not sure of prices in your market, Moto Z Play, Nexus 5X, OnePlus 3T, ZTE Axon 7, Moto G5 Plus. Are any of those in the right price range? Those are the best of the midrange devices.

DeltaTimo

Apr 4, 2017
Visit site
Hey,

The only phone in range of my budget that you named seems to be the Moto G5 Plus for 279,0 € to 319,00€. I've just found a website where you can compare prices and also enter your requirements. They've got hundreds of phones so I'll probably find one there that suits me well. "Idealo", if anyone else is looking for a website like that.

Thanks a lot for your help though!