So I want to buy a new phone. Performance, camera and battery life are the things I really care about with everything else coming after those 3. Price is also quite important so:
    OP5: 500€
    OP3T: 535€ (discontinued from OP, price of third party seller)
    10: 445€
    GS7: 426€
    The specs and everything make me wanna go for the OP5 but its design really really puts me off from it cause I know that eventually people will think that I got a cheap Chinese iPhone 7+ clone. Please help me!
    06-20-2017 12:23 PM
    Today, I'd go OP5 > OP3T > HTC 10 > GS7
    06-20-2017 12:56 PM
    Today, I'd go OP5 > OP3T > HTC 10 > GS7
    as I said I don't really like the design of the OP5. but can I ask why you think that the 10 is better than the s7?
    06-20-2017 01:03 PM
    as I said I don't really like the design of the OP5. but can I ask why you think that the 10 is better than the s7?
    The S8 exists, which severely devalues the S7 to me because the S8 fixes many of the things about the S7 that I think are issues. The 10 has better build materials IMO, a better software experience, tends to be updated sooner (major updates, definitely not security), better audio, supports USB PD and seems to be much more in tune with what I like about devices. Prior to the S8 coming out, I would have probably leaned S7 over the S8, but now there is a Samsung choice that eliminates many of my issues with the S7.
    06-20-2017 01:07 PM
    The S8 exists, which severely devalues the S7 to me because the S8 fixes many of the things about the S7 that I think are issues. The 10 has better build materials IMO, a better software experience, tends to be updated sooner (major updates, definitely not security), better audio, supports USB PD and seems to be much more in tune with what I like about devices. Prior to the S8 coming out, I would have probably leaned S7 over the S8, but now there is a Samsung choice that eliminates many of my issues with the S7.
    I get what you mean. one last thing, do you think the extra price of the 3t over the 10 is worth it?
    06-20-2017 01:12 PM
    I get what you mean. one last thing, do you think the extra price of the 3t over the 10 is worth it?
    I don't, no. But it really depends on how long you intend to keep the device. If it's a year or two device for you, the extra splurge is worth it IMO. I tend to upgrade more often, so I'd take the budget for myself in that case.
    06-20-2017 01:34 PM
    I don't, no. But it really depends on how long you intend to keep the device. If it's a year or two device for you, the extra splurge is worth it IMO. I tend to upgrade more often, so I'd take the budget for myself in that case.
    I tend to keep my phones for at least 2 years. so do I go for the 10 or should I wait for the price of the 3t to drop?
    06-20-2017 01:36 PM
    What do you like most about the 10 and what do you like most about the OP3?
    Same thing for dislike most about each.
    06-20-2017 01:42 PM
    What do you like most about the 10 and what do you like most about the OP3?
    Same thing for dislike most about each.
    well I really like everything that the 3t has to offer but turns out that they like to copy designs which I don't wanna support. that's the problem I have with OP. uniqueness counts too.
    06-20-2017 03:25 PM
    You're doing a good job of selling me an HTC 10.
    06-20-2017 03:50 PM
    You're doing a good job of selling me an HTC 10.
    😂😂😂😂😂
    06-21-2017 03:22 AM
    The 10 would last you for 3 to 4 years probably, htc phones are ususally pretty solid plus a lighter software. Better audio, better build.

but smaller screen, phone gets a bit hot due to being metal.

also not many features like samsung. HTC phones are pretty bare... blinkfeed imo isn't worth much, samsung always on display is very useful.

Depends on how you use your phone and what style you choose.

the 10 is a monster just pretty basic, I think of the 10 and I think of a truck driver just listening to music on the road and doesn't care for all the extra bells and whistles...

Rugged and tough phone.
    06-21-2017 08:49 AM
    The 10 would last you for 3 to 4 years probably, htc phones are ususally pretty solid plus a lighter software. Better audio, better build.

but smaller screen, phone gets a bit hot due to being metal.

also not many features like samsung. HTC phones are pretty bare... blinkfeed imo isn't worth much, samsung always on display is very useful.

Depends on how you use your phone and what style you choose.

the 10 is a monster just pretty basic, I think of the 10 and I think of a truck driver just listening to music on the road and doesn't care for all the extra bells and whistles...

Rugged and tough phone.
    I don't care about it being basic if it's basic but good! tbh I think it looks better than the s7 because of the fact that fingerprints won't affect it. I just don't wanna regret it.
    06-21-2017 12:28 PM
    So I want to buy a new phone. Performance, camera and battery life are the things I really care about with everything else coming after those 3. Price is also quite important

The specs and everything make me wanna go for the OP5 but its design really really puts me off from it cause I know that eventually people will think that I got a cheap Chinese iPhone 7+ clone. Please help me!
    Firstly, don't worry about what other people think. Get the device that you love the most and puts a smile on your face 😃 Even if it does look like a iPhone 7 clone. There is also a Oppo phone it looks quite similar to.

For me, I would get the Galaxy S7 or HTC10. They have stellar cameras and are all round great devices. The price is also quite attractive compared to the rest.
    06-21-2017 12:41 PM
    I'm still trying to decide between the Galaxy S8 or OnePlus 5 myself. The unlocked Galaxy S8 can be had for $420 with Samsung's newest promotion, even lower than the OnePlus 5...
    Aquila likes this.
    06-21-2017 02:45 PM
    Firstly, don't worry about what other people think. Get the device that you love the most and puts a smile on your face 😃 Even if it does look like a iPhone 7 clone. There is also a Oppo phone it looks quite similar to.

For me, I would get the Galaxy S7 or HTC10. They have stellar cameras and are all round great devices. The price is also quite attractive compared to the rest.
    don't think I can help it. definitely not buying everything and thinking about how people will react to it but having a phone that resembles another one in such a way says a lot..
    06-22-2017 01:15 AM
    I'm still trying to decide between the Galaxy S8 or OnePlus 5 myself. The unlocked Galaxy S8 can be had for $420 with Samsung's newest promotion, even lower than the OnePlus 5...
    I would go for the s8 I think. sad to say this but oneplus has disappointed me as a company. at least the s8 is unique in a lot of ways, and if you can get it cheaper as you said then it's a no brainer for me. here in Europe it's more expensive.
    06-22-2017 01:17 AM
    don't think I can help it. definitely not buying everything and thinking about how people will react to it but having a phone that resembles another one in such a way says a lot..
    Maybe get a Blackberry KEYᵒⁿᵉ then 😃 it will never be mistaken for anything else on the market haha. Plus, will probably outlast all the others in battery life.

On a serious note though, you could always put a nice skin on the back of the OnePlus and make it look very much like a OnePlus device and nothing like an iPhone. Just as an option. 😃
    06-22-2017 01:20 AM
    Maybe get a Blackberry KEYᵒⁿᵉ then 😃 it will never be mistaken for anything else on the market haha. Plus, will probably outlast all the others in battery life.

On a serious note though, you could always put a nice skin on the back of the OnePlus and make it look very much like a OnePlus device and nothing like an iPhone. Just as an option. 😃
    the phones I wanna buy are listed above. and no I won't have a phone and try to do everything possible to make it look like something it's not. for me it was a very bad choice and they've disappointed me as a whole company. I liked pretty much everything about oneplus and mainly the close-to-stock skin they made but I won't accept openly copying the most famous phone out there.
    06-22-2017 03:59 AM