Cheap Phone Recommendation?

Abcde Boldt

Jan 3, 2018
Visit site
Must-haves:
-Cheap ($200 max)
-Good battery life (Has to last at least a school day)
-Good gaming performance for price (Will be used with emulated retro Nintendo titles).
-5.5-inch screen or larger
Things I don't care about:
-Camera (As long as it works at all)
-Software (As long as it's Android, I'll get a Custom ROM anyway)
Preferences, but not required (In order of highest to lowest priority):
-Headphone Jack
-Minimal Bezels
-Unlocked
-Doesn't look like an iPhone
I think that's it.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!

My first recommendation to you would be the Moto G5 Plus. It's probably a tad more expensive than $200; but not by much.

It has a 3000 mAh battery, which should certainly help you get through a school day; it has a headphone jack; is splash and dust resistant; and will run Android Oreo at some point (according to GSM Arena). It is at 5.2", however, which is a bit smaller than you were wanting for a phone.

There are, of course, other options available to you that may interest you more. The Honor 7X is also a pretty great bargain with a bigger battery and a headphone jack; but it's also at 5.9."

Here is the link to GSM Arena's spec sheet of the Moto G5 Plus. Please keep us posted!

https://m.gsmarena.com/motorola_moto_g5_plus-8453.php

Abcde Boldt

Jan 3, 2018
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!

My first recommendation to you would be the Moto G5 Plus. It's probably a tad more expensive than $200; but not by much.

It has a 3000 mAh battery, which should certainly help you get through a school day; it has a headphone jack; is splash and dust resistant; and will run Android Oreo at some point (according to GSM Arena). It is at 5.2", however, which is a bit smaller than you were wanting for a phone.

There are, of course, other options available to you that may interest you more. The Honor 7X is also a pretty great bargain with a bigger battery and a headphone jack; but it's also at 5.9."

Here is the link to GSM Arena's spec sheet of the Moto G5 Plus. Please keep us posted!

https://m.gsmarena.com/motorola_moto_g5_plus-8453.php

I'll definitely look into those, thanks for the recommendations.

worldspy99

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I would recommend the Moto G5 Plus, Honor 7X. But if you can wait just a tad bit longer, do give the new Nokia 6 for 2018 a hard look. It looks like a great overall package for the price.

Good luck with your search.

Abcde Boldt

Jan 3, 2018
Visit site
I would recommend the Moto G5 Plus, Honor 7X. But if you can wait just a tad bit longer, do give the new Nokia 6 for 2018 a hard look. It looks like a great overall package for the price.

Good luck with your search.

I might try waiting around for that, I'm still saving up anyway.

pbksoft

Mar 11, 2018
Visit site
I recommend Xiaomi Redmi 5 or Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus (bigger screen and also some specs better) if available in your country. I use Xiaomi phone (older model) for two years and I must admit that quality to money ratio is excellent for Redmi series.