Return to Android

Xiago64

Mar 20, 2018
Visit site
Hi everyone, at the first I had to apologize for my awful english (I speak spanish as native language)

After my apologize, I came to this forum looking a guide to come back to android, i bougth an used iPhone 6 because my old motorola G 2nd gen leave me alone after 2 years of service, and well, after 7 months with iOS... I hate iOS 11 and his bugs, so i'm looking for a new phone to come back to android, but i can't spent a lot of money and for that reason I'm looking for a mid range phone, wich I hope (and need) work better than my iphone 6 with iOS 11.

Thanks a lot for your patience and your time to answer my question.
Kind regards!

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! If you are okay sticking with the Motorola brand, I'd recommend the Moto G5 Plus. It's a very good bang for your buck. If you're looking for something a bit more midrange than that, I'd recommend the Z2 Play. I hear it gets great battery life and performs well.

If you're wanting to look at a different brand entirely, there are brands like Xiaomi that are really awesome products.

Also, the OnePlus 5T is a great midrange phone that has some flagship-level specs; and I'm pretty sure it can be used anywhere in the world. You can buy it through their official website.

Let us know what you decide!

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I'm from argentina and my budget is around to 500 - 600 usd
Welcome to the forums! For that price, and even less, you can buy excellent midranges. I imagine the phones available in Argentine are pretty much the same than in Brazil, where I live. If you don't want to import a phone I would try the Moto devices, as Morty said. Take a look at the Moto X4, it's being heavily discounted in many places, good value for money.

Xiago64

Mar 20, 2018
Visit site
Thx Javier and Morty for the welcome :)

The Moto X4 isn't released in argentina yet, and i don't know if will be released, because after de X2 de X family has vanished from argentinian stores. The Z2 Play it's officially in argentina, i will ak for that device in the stores.

Outside Moto world, is there another device wich perform better than my iPhone 6?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Thx Javier and Morty for the welcome :)

The Moto X4 isn't released in argentina yet, and i don't know if will be released, because after de X2 de X family has vanished from argentinian stores. The Z2 Play it's officially in argentina, i will ak for that device in the stores.

Outside Moto world, is there another device wich perform better than my iPhone 6?
If performance is the most important thing for you there are not many 'cheap' phones that can beat the Motos. Here in Brazil I bought the Moto G5S plus, great value for money, and my wife has the G5 plus.

I've read mixed reviews about the most recent Samsung A5/7 and ZenFone models, but not my thing. Also, as Morty commented, take a look at the OnePlus 5T. Not sure how easy could be buying it in Argentina or how expensive could be including the import taxes.

Xiago64

Mar 20, 2018
Visit site
The camera isn't a big deal for me, as long has decent quality is good for me, i prefer a good performance and a decent camera instead the best camera and poor performance

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
The camera isn't a big deal for me, as long has decent quality is good for me, i prefer a good performance and a decent camera instead the best camera and poor performance
Sorry for the delay, I didn't notice your reply until now that 'Participated' came back. Have you already made a decision? If not, performance over camera is my motto too :) I decided for the Moto G5S plus because of this, difficult to find a better value over money IMO (at least on our markets).

Xiago64

Mar 20, 2018
Visit site
Sorry for the delay, I didn't notice your reply until now that 'Participated' came back. Have you already made a decision? If not, performance over camera is my motto too :) I decided for the Moto G5S plus because of this, difficult to find a better value over money IMO (at least on our markets).

Javier, don't worry fir the delay :)
Today at work decided to buy a Moto device, but i'm searching info because in argentina is possibly buy at Amazon Europe (spain, italy, uk, de) so i'm looking for the 4G bands available in argentina to compare with the bands on the Moro X4 or Moto G5S in Amazon.

Thx a lot for your help, you really helped me :)