Time to get my kids phones. I do not want to lease a phone I would prefer to by outright. I do not want to spend over $300 on these phone but want to make sure they have a phone that will last them a few years if they take care of it. I am currently looking at the Moto G5sPlus or a refurb Samsung Galaxy S7. I have never purchased a refurb phone so I was looking for feed back from others that have tried this path in the past. I am open to other phone ideas but those are the two that I am looking at right now.

Thanks for your help.
    04-20-2018 09:46 AM
    I had only one experience with a refurbshed Phone,an LG G2 bought from some China site like 3 years ago.It worked perfectly even it was the korean version and i'm in Europe.My batery expended and made my display almost broke but that can happen to any phone,even the new one so it was good for 2 years before that incident.
    I think there are more types of ref.,phones with problemes and repaired by some authorized people,but this ones are like ~meh...because they dont care about the quality too much,and the ones repaired by manufacturers,and this are the best because they are made like new,tested,verifyed and all the stuff.If you have enough luck,as i did,you can get an phone that have been used in some showroom or at a presentation and this ones are selled as refurbished too at a low price.
    The idea is that if you want an refurbshed phone you have to search 3 more times for it then the normal one.Good night and good luck at shopping
    04-20-2018 03:50 PM
    I've had multiple refurbished phones (via warranty claims) over the years. Let's just say I coined the term "refurbish roulette" for a reason. Way too many problems.
    J Dubbs likes this.
    04-20-2018 04:34 PM
    A new Moto phone is the way to go.
    J Dubbs likes this.
    04-23-2018 12:40 PM
    Refurbished would be great; so long as you trust the reseller and can turn on the phone and run it through its paces to ensure that it's working properly. Can you get any insurance and/or details about the refurbished phone?

The Moto G5 Plus would be my recommendation, however. It's a year newer than the S7 (February 2017 versus February 2016) and has great specs for the price.
    05-01-2018 07:38 AM
    Refurbs suck....
    05-16-2018 08:46 AM
    Good thing I didn't buy the refurbish offered to me.
    05-16-2018 12:02 PM