Phones for parents, moto X4 or ???

hg1027

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
I'm going to get my parents new phones in the next few weeks. My mom has had a Blu r1 HD for a year, so she's figured out how to use it. My dad has never had a smartphone, so I expect he'll need a bit of help. I'd like to get them the same so they can help each other and leave me out of it.

From the X4 vs G6 article last week, looks like the X4 is the way to go. I like the Google fi option, since they travel a few times a year,and I pay their bill.

Is there anything else to consider for $200? Any amazing 2 for 1 deals on att that would come in under 450 ish?

I'd rather stick with a fairly mainstream phone, since I'll probably need to support, and I haven't dailyed a huawei or a xiaomi yet.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm pretty sure both those phones support Project fi. While the X4 is a little better specswise, the G6 has a few advantages too, sleeker design, little bigger. Really I don't think you could go wrong with either choice! :)

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Wow - buying phones for your parents! You are a good offspring! 😀 Hmm, both phones are pretty great - I too would say that you couldn't go wrong with either. Perhaps watch some review videos to see which one you'd prefer. Keep us posted on what you decide!

hg1027

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Got them the x4s through Google, spent 5 hours installing 6 or 7 updates. Definitely glad I got them out of the box before delivering. I'm surprised there wasn't a consolidated update.

I really like the smaller size, and I think it will be a good first smartphone for my dad and second for my mom. I'm tempted to get a used one to hold me over between my beat up oneplus 3 and a pixel 3 or next oneplus in the fall.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for letting us know how you made out! :) As my mom sometimes says to me....

"You are a good son!"

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Got them the x4s through Google, spent 5 hours installing 6 or 7 updates. Definitely glad I got them out of the box before delivering. I'm surprised there wasn't a consolidated update.

I really like the smaller size, and I think it will be a good first smartphone for my dad and second for my mom. I'm tempted to get a used one to hold me over between my beat up oneplus 3 and a pixel 3 or next oneplus in the fall.

Thank you for letting us know what you decided! How are your parents liking their new phones? And did you get an X4 for yourself, as well?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance