Phone in the ~270 range

Kayza

Oct 7, 2016
Visit site
I'm looking for a budget phone - $270 range. I don't care about CDMA networks, as I'm not moving off AT&T any time soon. I would like to be able to use this in Brazil and / or Israel on occasion, though.

I want a fairly large screen with decent resolution, decent speed and responsiveness and a non-mess for software. Something recent, and preferably getting software upgrades in a reasonably timely fashion.

At the moment, the Moto G6 and the Nokia 6.1 look like strong contenders. Which one would you recommend,and why?

Thanks!

anony_mouse

Banned
Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Both are good choices. If you have no preference based on the specs, I would recommend to go to a shop and actually have a look at each phone.

You should also check out the Motorola G6 plus.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
I have a moto g6 play and it is a lovely phone. Fast, great screen 5.7" and feels premium in the hand. Don't kniw about the other phone but I would recommend the G6

itic

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
I now have a 6.1 after having a G5+Plus. I bought the 6.1 instead of the G6 b/c its an android one phone. Mine is the US 1045 variant. There is a international variant available as well. If you plan on using it in countries other than the US check to make sure whatever phone you do buy shares the frequencies used in those countries

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I too would recommend the Moto G6 Plus and the Play; as Kirstein suggested. Great specs for the price. Let us know what you decide!