Coming back to Android!

shaytoon21

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
As the title suggests, Im finally leaving ios (again) and coming back to android (again). The last time I had an android phone was the moto x2 running lollipop. Yeah, I know, a lot of things have changed. I tried staying up to date on android regardless.

I am trying to find the right phone for me, so I am looking to get different views and opinions here.

Let's start off by saying I want vanilla/pure android. That automatically knocks out a lot of phones. I have been mostly eyeing the moto z3 play, moto z2 force edition, and pixel 3.

I know p3 should be coming out in about 2 months. The other 2 have already been out and am not sure if a newer version of them will be releasing. I will be on tmobo, so no, I cant get the new z3 with 5g on verizon.

Please let me know what yall think!

Last edited:

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Welcome back to Android and a warm welcome to Android Central!

Since you've already mentioned the Pixel 2, I won't go into that in too much detail as far as suggestions go. If you wait for the 3 to come out, the 2 line will most likely be offered at a discount around that time; so you can always aim for that route if you like.

If you are interested in stock Android, have you considered the OnePlus 6? Since it is still considered mid-range (though with its specs and beautiful look, I find it hard to call it as such), and doesn't have as many "bells and whistles" as flagships, it would be the best bang for your buck, IMO.

Let us know what you decide!

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
You can also look into the Nokia lineup. No idea which ones are available in the US, but they're running pure Android as part of the Android One program.

shaytoon21

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
If you are interested in stock Android, have you considered the OnePlus 6? Since it is still considered mid-range (though with its specs and beautiful look, I find it hard to call it as such), and doesn't have as many "bells and whistles" as flagships, it would be the best bang for your buck, IMO.

thanks for the suggestion. after looking up this phone, it didnt sit well with me. their website overview felt like it was copying apple. the phone resembles one too, so thats a hard pass for me.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
thanks for the suggestion. after looking up this phone, it didnt sit well with me. their website overview felt like it was copying apple. the phone resembles one too, so thats a hard pass for me.

Of course! It's good that you're narrowing down your choices! Keep us posted!

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
how reliable are the nokias? how long have they been making phones for android?

3 years I think. But the reviews from Europe and Asia have been rave. They're pretty solid phones. Basically what you would have expected of continued development of Lumia hardware but running Android.

Garemlin

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
I just made the switch back. I was on Android pretty much from the beginning. Switched to IOS when Lollipop had so many issues. Just picked up a P2 XL and love it. Best Buy is having a great deal right now. $300 with no trade in required or device credits. It's right off the regular price.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I just made the switch back. I was on Android pretty much from the beginning. Switched to IOS when Lollipop had so many issues. Just picked up a P2 XL and love it. Best Buy is having a great deal right now. $300 with no trade in required or device credits. It's right off the regular price.

Wow, what a fantastic deal! Enjoy your Pixel 2 XL! The Pixel 2 forums are full of activity - feel free to hang out there! :)

Chiligames

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Theres alot of crazy Android phones in the market now a days. Hell even gaming ones are available some are as high spec as my older laptops lol.......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome