In the market for a new phone. My Moto X Pure has been great for almost 3 years but it's showing its age and I'm looking to upgrade. I'm not an Apple fan or a big fan of Samsung fan either, plus the $$$ is way too high.

I've loved my Moto for most part. The lack of updates is beyond disappointing so I'm hesitate to go with another Motorola but have not ruled them out.

I'm intrigued by the One Plus but don't know much about it. I'm currently on Verizon but not opposed to switching to T-Mobile for the right phone. I would like my next phone to be unlocked so I'm not tied to any one carrier. An sd card slot would be a plus but not a deal breaker. I do need NFC and would like a screen size around 6". My budget is around $500-$600.

Any advice or recommendations would be most helpful.
    09-15-2018 11:42 PM
    I would recommend a Pixel 2XL 128GB Verizon version from Swappa or Pixel 2XL from Google Project Fi.
    1. Regular updates
    2. Screen size is 6.0"
    3. NFC works great!

Only issue is no SD card but 128GB and unlimited photo/video full resolution storage on Google servers is amazing.

Down the list I would recommend a Galaxy S9 or LG G7ThinQ from Swappa in New Resale category.

Good luck!
    09-19-2018 12:07 PM
    not opposed to switching to T-Mobile for the right phone.
    That's not how you choose a carrier. You find out which one(s) has (have) the best signal where you need signal. A fantastic phone for a great price on a carrier that gives you no signal where you need it is totally useless.

I'd go along with worldspy, though, but considering your budget, I'd wait until the Pixel 3 comes out and the price of the Pixel 2 drops some. It's a good phone, works on T-Mobile (I know, I'm on it) or Verizon. I wouldn't recomment the Verizon version, though - they've locked the bootloader and if you ever decide that you want to unlock it (say for TWRP, so you can back the whole phone up with one swipe), you can't with the Verizon version. But the straight Google version works on Verizon. (And on Project Fi, if you decide to go that way. And on any other carrier.)

I'm a software junkie - and I download apps to help people who ask questions about them here, and sometimes forget to uninstall them - and I still have loads of space left.

And the updates? You can almost tell the date by which update just came out. (You may be off by a day or two sometimes.)
    09-19-2018 04:39 PM