What's the best Android Tablet?

Snappy Phoenix

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
My wife wants to buy a tablet for her and my 2 year old daughter. She doesn't want anyything from Apple.

She does prefer larger ones like 10 inch or more

Which one would you recommend?

Also I don't understand some of them like the Samsung Tab A has 2 GB or 3GB of RAM. How much RAM would they need? She doesn't want it to be slow or slowdown with time when it gets software updates

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
The Tab A may be attractive from a cost perspective. However, the "best Android tablet" is going to cost a lot more. Take a look at the Samsung Galaxy Tab S4, as much as it pains me to say this about a Samsung that one actually probably is the best Android tablet (the Tab S4 is the successor to my tablet, the Tab S3). The Tab S4 is going to be a much better experience long-term than the Tab A series devices.

worldspy99

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I would actually recommend the Huawei MediaPad M5 10.5".
The build construction is superb, the screen is gorgeous, the Harman Kardon speakers sound amazing, battery life is stellar on any Huawei device. The one downside is no headphone jack but they do provide a dongle. Lookout for great deals on Newegg from time to time. Another option is to get it from AliExpress as well.

Good luck.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
@worldspy99 how does that device handle simultaneous Bluetooth and WiFi connections for streaming audio? That was one thing that came up with earlier models and maybe that one as well - both radios used the same antenna and streaming audio over WiFi to play on Bluetooth was an issue.

worldspy99

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Those issues were with the M3 since it only had 2.4GHz support. The M5 can be connected via 5 GHz thereby making the 2.4GHz available for Bluetooth and thus not having those issues. I tested this out side by side with my M3.

Hope this helps @hallux

Hobo Wrath

Dec 31, 2017
Visit site
Samsung Tab A does not give good user experience. I don't know if it's the touch screen or the software or what else but it is slow and cumbersome to use.

My $70 Fire offers a smoother ride.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch