I am looking into buying a tablet with Android Go 8.0. I have a Samsung Tab A running Android 8.0. However, it only has 16G memory. Since I use the tablet for games, shopping lists, exploring new apps, and general goofing around, this is not enough memory. I know the Android Go devices are lower end, but I would like to move away from Samsung. The charging port on every Samsung I have ever owned is finicky, and after a while will only charge on "slow charge" with any cord but Samsung OEM. These are short and cheaply made. I looked into Lenovo and Asus (my laptop is Asus), but they are WAY out of my price range. Any advice will be appreciated. Help a Grandma out.
    01-15-2019 11:06 AM
    Did you mean to post this in the LG G6 forum (which doesn't seem to be your phone, nor is it a tablet)? I can move it to a more appropriate forum, if you prefer.
    01-15-2019 11:16 AM
    Did you mean to post this in the LG G6 forum (which doesn't seem to be your phone, nor is it a tablet)? I can move it to a more appropriate forum, if you prefer.
    No, I didn't. I searched for "Android Go" and found nothing. I am trying out the website, as opposed to the app, to save memory. My phone is an LG G6. Please move it wherever you think is best. Thanks for having my back.
    01-15-2019 11:24 AM
    Ok, I moved this to the Buyers Guides forum.

When you looked at Lenovo, did you consider the Tab 4 8? I got one for my daughter, and it's pretty good for the price ($129 list, and I got it for around $115 after a discount -- I think from B&H Photo). True, it only has 16 GB of internal storage, but it does support Adoptable Storage (although I usually don't recommend it, since the implementation is often a little buggy, and SD cards can fail relatively easily). Performance is decent, screen is good, and it has stereo front-facing speakers that support Dolby Atmos. It also recently got updated to Oreo, which is a nice bonus.

https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/tablets.../p/ZZITZTATB08
    01-15-2019 11:41 AM
    Thanks for the info.
    01-15-2019 11:52 AM