I'm looking to upgrade/replace my Samsung S8+. There are two features that I really don't like about it. One is that I can't set multiple do not disturb times. The other is the curved screen. I hate it. I can't find a case that will fit! And it's just annoying in general.

Everything else about it is fine, although it's nearly 2 and the battery isn't as good as it once was.

I need:
    Same screen size (or larger)
    Verizon compatible
    Fingerprint sensor
    Decent camera
    FLAT (not curved) screen
    Great battery life

Other features:
    Lots of good, sturdy cases
    Headphone jack
    5G capability
    03-15-2019 12:06 AM
    I'm looking to upgrade/replace my Samsung S8+. There are two features that I really don't like about it. One is that I can't set multiple do not disturb times. The other is the curved screen. I hate it. I can't find a case that will fit! And it's just annoying in general.

Everything else about it is fine, although it's nearly 2 and the battery isn't as good as it once was.

I need:
    Same screen size (or larger)
    Verizon compatible
    Fingerprint sensor
    Decent camera
    FLAT (not curved) screen
    Great battery life

Other features:
    Lots of good, sturdy cases
    Headphone jack
    5G capability
    S10e has a flat screen and headphone jack. But has same features and internal components as the more expensive S10s.
    03-15-2019 03:47 AM
    5G capability
    No phones have this yet, but the coming LG V50 will and it may tick the rest of your boxes. I'm on the V20, and it's been a great phone. If not for losing replaceable batteries and other changes, I'd upgrade and stick with the V series.
    03-15-2019 06:49 AM
    Looks like to V50 isn't out yet and there's no release date. What about the V40?
    03-15-2019 01:30 PM
    Looks like to V50 isn't out yet and there's no release date. What about the V40?
    If I had to hold my nose and pick one of the current phones, I may go with the V40. The problem is that they made several design changes with the 30 and 40 that I don't like, so I'm still sticking with my V20 for the foreseeable future. The only reason I didn't suggest that one is because it's getting long in the tooth. It's over 2 years old, so you'd have to by used and battery life may be questionable due to age. Even new batteries may be a crap shoot for the same reason; being old stock can mean a degraded battery too.
    03-15-2019 01:44 PM
    I used the search feature on GSM Arena, and I found the following phones that meet all my preferences:

Pixel 3 XL
    Xiaomi Mi Mix 3
    LG V40
    ZTE axon 9 pro
    Umidigi One max

I know some don't have headphone jacks, but I can live without one. I'm mostly concerned with a flat screen and availability of cases (good, sturdy cases as I'm prone to dropping my phone. A lot).
    03-15-2019 01:46 PM
    If I had to hold my nose and pick one of the current phones, I may go with the V40. The problem is that they made several design changes with the 30 and 40 that I don't like, so I'm still sticking with my V20 for the foreseeable future. The only reason I didn't suggest that one is because it's getting long in the tooth. It's over 2 years old, so you'd have to by used and battery life may be questionable due to age. Even new batteries may be a crap shoot for the same reason; being old stock can mean a degraded battery too.
    What features didn't you like?
    03-15-2019 01:46 PM
    What features didn't you like?
    Sealed batteries, AMOLED screens (burn in risk, so I prefer LCD), removal of dedicated second screen, glass bodies, and removal of the IR Blaster.
    03-15-2019 01:52 PM
    I used the search feature on GSM Arena, and I found the following phones that meet all my preferences:

Pixel 3 XL
    Xiaomi Mi Mix 3
    LG V40
    ZTE axon 9 pro
    Umidigi One max

I know some don't have headphone jacks, but I can live without one. I'm mostly concerned with a flat screen and availability of cases (good, sturdy cases as I'm prone to dropping my phone. A lot).
    Do NOT buy Umidigi. Bought one and it was returned to Amazon within 4 months of purchase. Camera Rubbish, quality rubbish, software rubbish, customer service rubbish, updates non-existent. Just a terrible buy all round. Don't waste your money.
    03-15-2019 02:08 PM
    Do NOT buy Umidigi. Bought one and it was returned to Amazon within 4 months of purchase. Camera Rubbish, quality rubbish, software rubbish, customer service rubbish, updates non-existent. Just a terrible buy all round. Don't waste your money.
    Thanks, I can cross that one off my list.
    03-15-2019 03:02 PM
    Pixel 3XL or even last years Pixel 2 XL are great devices. Yes no headphone jack but otherwise everything on your list is fine. And 5G phones will cost a bit more not to mention 5G service so you need to get that off your list as well.
    03-18-2019 01:29 PM
    S10+
    03-18-2019 08:29 PM