HUAWEI Budget phone ALTERNATIVE? Samsung A50 Honest Truth!

thontz

Jul 20, 2018
Visit site
I recently bought a Huawei Mate 20 Lite and I was EXTREMELY impressed by it for a phone under $300. I had purchased a One Plus 6 and I just didn't like it, and that's all I'm going to say about it. I wasn't expecting much from the Huawei. It has an LCD display instead of an AMOLED. That was a major problem on my OP6 because I couldn't see my OP6 screen in the sunlight even with auto brightness on and turned to the max.

The Huawei Mate 20 Lite is one of the very few Chinese phones that work with USA LTE Bands. But as most of you know, there is a lot of drama right now between the USA and Huawei and honestly both sides are bad. Before the "trade war or blacklist", I still never got updates for Android. My new phone would only run Oreo, yet in China it's ready to get Android Q. Even worse, I couldn't even get basic security updates. But I did love the Huawei phone itself. It didn't seem like a "budget" phone. The Huawei was attractive and felt like a premium phone and even though the display was LCD, it looked so sharp. The Huawei phone was extremely slippery though. I used the clear case and it was fine in the case, but otherwise it was so slippery. The Huawei phone was very thin and it was impressive. But a new phone with no updates, no security updates, and an uncertain future for Huawei gave me the option to send the Huawei back because I had it for 3 1/2 weeks and I had a 30 day return policy.

Now, most all Chinese phones do not support USA LTE Bands and therefore most phones like Xiaomi are just not an option. In America, you are being told that a Pixel 3a or 3aXL is supposed to be a "budget phone". The 3a screen is too small so I would need the 3aXL. They said it is plastic instead of glass, it does have the good camera, but the hardware is less than impressive and the display is absolutely terrible. For some reason, Americans are okay spending $1000 for a phone and $479 for a budget phone. Once again, I paid less than $300 for the Huawei and I'd take the Huawei quality over a new Pixel or iPhone. I paid $265 for a very nice Huawei, so why should I pay $479 for a plastic Pixel phone with a terrible display?

Finally I found out that Samsung was releasing a budget phone, and a real budget phone, not $479, but $280. Now recently the Huawei Mate 20 Lite has slipped down to $230, so the Samsung A50 is about $50 more. Now, this is REALLY IMPORTANT. If you want a Samsung A50 that is going to work in the United States, you need to pay very close attention to what model you get. They make over six variations of the phone and only one model works in the United States with full support for USA LTE Bands.

Ok, if you want to get a Samsung A50 in the United States, you need the model SM-A505G OR SM-A505G/DS. The DS model is "Dual Sim". Now, this phone is advertised as 128GB, but not in America. The American model is 64GB memory but if you watch carefully when buying, I bought one that came with a free 64GB Micro SD card. So, it has 128GB compared to the Huawei with 64GB. The A50 is upgradable to 512GB.

I wanted to write this because I watched ALL the YouTube videos on the A50 and most everything that was said was positive. I got duped because the One Plus 6 had tons of positive reviews and tours of the factory. I was a fool. Now I watch all the One Plus 7 reviews and they make me sick. These reviewers get a free phone and they get it much earlier than release day. Some of them get invited to come and tour the factory and I'm sure they are getting paid as well. If I got early access and a free phone, I'd probably say it was an amazing phone as well. Notice a couple reviewers of the new One Plus 7 Pro said, in the lightest and nicest way, that the battery life was below average. That was a major issue with my OP6.

Ok. There are a lot of questions that did NOT get answered in the YouTube videos. The attractive rainbow effect on the Samsung A50 makes it look like a blue phone. You can get blue or black and I wanted the blue rainbow so I was going to get blue, but then I saw a video of a blue phone and I didn't see it as being attractive or having the rainbow effect at all. None of the Youtubers mentioned what color phone they were using. I wanted the blue rainbow look but I decided to play it safe and get black. The black phone color has the rainbow effect and most of the time it looks BLUE. So, don't order the blue one, get the BLACK phone if you want it to look like the YouTube videos.

Next, the back of the phone is plastic but it seems well built and the rainbow style is attractive. This phone has a triple camera compared to the Huawei Mate 20 Lite which has two cameras on the back. So, if you order the right one you'll get 128GB memory, a larger battery, a better camera, a slightly larger screen, and the Samsung A50 actually has an AMOLED screen VS the LCD on the Huawei.

Now, all the reviewers rave about how great the screen is on the A50 phone. I like my color to have a cold look. The Huawei LCD had a very white white color and most phone's white looks a little yellow. I think the Samsung A50 AMOLED has a better screen than my OP6, but the Huawei screen looked better. However the A50 does well in the sunlight and the display is good enough to keep me happy although it's not amazing because I think the Huawei display was better.

The Samsung A50 has a bigger battery than the Huawei. Samsung A50 is 4000mAh vs 3340mAh in the Huawei. However, the phone's battery lasted a long time in the Huawei and the battery loses it's charge quite fast on the Samsung A50. The Samsung A50 has a new operating system called One UI. I have always stayed away from Samsung phones for two reasons, the battery loses charge really fast in my opinion and I hate the layout UI on the Galaxy. My girlfriend used to have a Galaxy flagship and it was always almost dead and it was so confusing for me to use.

The Samsung One UI that is found on the A50 is almost like a regular Google stock experience except it looks like a poor attempt at trying to copy. The icons are ugly shaped and they look like a Kindergarten student drew them. The icons aren't laid out correctly and they are out of order. Otherwise, the One UI OS is usable.

The sound on the phone is loud enough and it does sound better than the Huawei did. The Huawei had a lot of treble which is common for a budget phone but the Samsung A50 has much more of a midrange sound.

Now, the reviewers were kind of honest by saying the fingerprint scanner wasn't very good. The Samsung A50's fingerprint scanner is built into the glass. You literally put your finger on the screen and then a green circle moves around your finger. It can take 10 seconds or longer and I am not joking. And many times the fingerprint scanner doesn't work. So, I'll do the face unlock. The camera only gets my face right about 30% of the time. Also, the face unlock has a curved bar by the teardrop notch. It starts on the left side and goes all around the notch and then ends at the edge of the phone on the right side. It literally takes that long to recognize your face and most of the time after about 10 seconds, it pops up a message and says "No Match". But nighttime in the dark, it does detect your face in the dark. One Plus 6 and Motorola and Huawei couldn't do that. So, many times I can't unlock the phone with my finger or my face.

I did find a Samsung website page saying they had fixes for about 6 things and one of them was the fingerprint scanner and another was face unlock. I did all the updates and the phone actually did updates unlike the Huawei, but none of my problems were fixed. I erased my face profile and re-scanned my face. And I erased my fingerprint and I scanned my thumb instead of my pointer finger. The fingerprint scanner seems to like the thumb better but it is still painfully slow. The face unlock still has problems and if it lets you in, it takes a long time.

Maybe I need to do some specific updates by plugging the phone into the computer, but I've done all the OTA updates and I'm still having problems. Next issue, the battery drains faster than the Huawei did despite being a larger battery. But even worse, the phone says it has "Fast Charging" but it takes FOREVER to charge the phone.

Tonight I plugged the phone in to charge and I left it for awhile. Then I picked up the phone and it almost burned my hand. Thankfully the phone had the factory clear case on it but it was boiling hot. Now it has only done this once, but it has a lot of nerve to call it fast charging.

My other minor complaints is that the alarm does not have any alarm tones. There are a ton of sounds to pick from, but they are quiet ringtones and are ALL worthless. The Huawei had alarm beeps. So I'll need to download some alarm tones.

I'm also running into performance issues. I do NOT play video games or run any large apps. When I press on the phone ICON, it takes a few seconds to load up the phone app. The Huawei was instantaneous and never lagged once. The camera seems to be pretty good on the A50, BUT there is a long lag at times. I'll push the shutter button to take the picture and nothing happens so I move the camera away and THEN it snaps a picture. It is not a fast phone especially compared to the Huawei.

Now, I'm guessing that some of these problems will soon be fixed. But the phone seems like a $300 phone. I feel it's worth just as much if not more than the Pixel 3aXL. But the Huawei I had looked and felt like a flagship phone and the Samsung does not. It doesn't feel like a cheap phone but it doesn't feel like the Huawei budget phone.

I am going to check with Samsung's site to see if there are any updates to download to the phone that may fix some problems. And also, it usually charges without getting hot. It's only done that once. I wanted to own the phone long enough before giving you all my opinion, but I know that people will be happy with some of the phone features and some people are going to be frustrated with the phone.

If you're looking for a phone that works in the USA and supports the USA LTE Bands, this is a feature packed phone that does indicate "LTE" and it is under $300 for a phone that has an AMOLED screen - 6.4" - and it has good display, a good camera, a decent UI, and decent sound for a budget phone. Just beware, it does have some kinks to it. I believe some of these will be fixed but I think it will always have the battery drain fast and I think it will always take a long time to charge it.

There aren't very many choices in America. You can get a cheap Pixel or regular Pixel. You can get a Galaxy, or you can an iPhone which even the cheap iPhone is still too expensive.

This is a nice phone with a few kinks but I think it is worth it since it costs less than $300. Some things will be fixed, but I'm pretty sure it will always be a slow phone especially compared to the Huawei.

I would say to get the Huawei Mate 20 Lite IF you don't care about updates or even security updates. But the other thing is that Huawei is talking about putting their own OS on phones coming up called ARK OS and if they do that, it will be worthless in America.

I hope this helps all of you.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
In America, you are being told that a Pixel 3a or 3aXL is supposed to be a "budget phone". The 3a screen is too small so I would need the 3aXL. They said it is plastic instead of glass
It's Asahi Dragontrail Glass, which is the equivalent of about Gorilla Glass 5 (but 6 is the latest Gorilla Glass - a bit more drop resistance).

And it's still an OLED screen.

it does have the good camera, but the hardware is less than impressive
Because it doesn't have the Pixel Visual Core chip, so the processing (pretty much the same processing that the chip does in microseconds) is done by the CPU. so no HDR+ rapid-fire shots.

Finally I found out that Samsung was releasing a budget phone, and a real budget phone, not $479, but $280.
If you can put up with their total lack of customer service and tech support.

I bought one that came with a free 64GB Micro SD card. So, it has 128GB compared to the Huawei with 64GB. The A50 is upgradable to 512GB.
Still only the userdata partition on the internal 64GB for apps. Oh, you'll eventually be able to put a 2TB SD card into the phone, and store tons of documents, movies and other data, but the storage space for apps won't change a bit. ("Moving" an app to the card barely changes anything, since each piece of the app is moved separately, and there's a link left in internal storage pointing to that piece [and the pieces are sometimes smaller than a link].)

a better camera
Not necessarily - certainly not better than the pictures you get with a 3a XL.

and the Samsung A50 actually has an AMOLED screen VS the LCD on the Huawei.
But you said that you don';t like LED screens in sunlight. AMOLED is just the way Samsung implements LED, it's not an LCD display. (And the OP6 has an AMOLED display.)

(Too long to go on. Enjoy your phone, but you're contradicting yourself all over the place.)

thontz

Jul 20, 2018
Visit site
It's Asahi Dragontrail Glass, which is the equivalent of about Gorilla Glass 5 (but 6 is the latest Gorilla Glass - a bit more drop resistance).

And it's still an OLED screen.

Because it doesn't have the Pixel Visual Core chip, so the processing (pretty much the same processing that the chip does in microseconds) is done by the CPU. so no HDR+ rapid-fire shots.

If you can put up with their total lack of customer service and tech support.

Still only the userdata partition on the internal 64GB for apps. Oh, you'll eventually be able to put a 2TB SD card into the phone, and store tons of documents, movies and other data, but the storage space for apps won't change a bit. ("Moving" an app to the card barely changes anything, since each piece of the app is moved separately, and there's a link left in internal storage pointing to that piece [and the pieces are sometimes smaller than a link].)

Not necessarily - certainly not better than the pictures you get with a 3a XL.

But you said that you don';t like LED screens in sunlight. AMOLED is just the way Samsung implements LED, it's not an LCD display. (And the OP6 has an AMOLED display.)

(Too long to go on. Enjoy your phone, but you're contradicting yourself all over the place.)

What is your problem Rukbat? First you come to my thread yelling at me when you were wrong. Now you are trying to pick apart my writing AGAIN. Stay the hell off my case. Now, not surprisingly you are wrong again! The Pixel 3a is PLASTIC. Read here.https://www.t3.com/reviews/google-pixel-3a-review

And I wasn't comparing the Samsung A50's camera to the Pixel camera, I was comparing it to the Huawei Mate 20 Lite camera!!! So, stop digging yourself a hole and stay off my threads! Whoever let you be a moderator was clearly smoking crack!

thontz

Jul 20, 2018
Visit site
@Rukbat .......and Yes the Huawei Mate 20 Lite has an LCD screen. I think I know what phone has what screen. The One Plus 6 has an AMOLED screen that is IMPOSSIBLE to see in the sunlight. Read the One Plus Forum at the One Plus community and you'll see pages and pages of people that all say this. That is why I got rid of the phone. I was worried about getting the Samsung A50 because it also has a AMOLED screen but the Samsung phone does work in the sunlight compared to the OP6. One Plus purposely dimmed their phone's displays due to fast battery draining. If you use automatic brightness control it will get brighter than by manually adjusting it to 100%, but after they did an Oxygen OS update, 100% brightness was really about 50% brightness which is why I sold the phone.

The Google Pixel 3a and 3aXL have a TERRIBLE display. It's probably the worst thing about the phone. Even all the reviewers admit this. The Samsung A50 has a pretty nice display. I've seen better, but it is better than the One Plus 6 in my opinion. I really don't care about specs, I care about the user experience and people that have a budget Huawei phone my be looking for an alternative, so I was giving them honest information before they got sold on it just through YouTube videos like I did.

thontz

Jul 20, 2018
Visit site
UPDATE: I mentioned in my long review to help people, that this Samsung A50 got so hot that it about burned my fingers. No physical harm but I did need to put aloe lotion on my fingers. This phone I believe is capable of being a great phone. It does have an amazing display and when I showed a person at Best Buy what a $280 display looks like compared to a $479 Pixel 3aXL, people walked away from the Pixel. Not only is the display great, but the sound on the phone is better than the average budget phone. The camera is pretty good as well. BUT, this is the BUGGIEST phone I've ever had. I've deleted and rescanned my fingerprint and face ID and neither one of them ever work. And sometimes it will let me into the phone with a simple swipe up from being locked because it thinks I am home. Therefore it swipes up in my pocket and does crazy things. The UI is easy to use but poorly laid out in an unorganized way. It just has a lot of issues that I think are software issues. But last night I went to unplug the charger and it was so hot that it melted a small spot in my leather couch. This is the second time that it overheated. I emailed the seller and they demanded that I send the phone back and they said they have had other users with similar experiences. So at this time, at least until Samsung fixes all the bugs, I recommend that you do NOT get this phone. In the future I'm sure it'll be a great phone but it seems they released it before getting things right.

Last edited by a moderator:

Golurk

Apr 12, 2019
Visit site
(Observes potential argument)

There were a couple of contradictions in the review, but I do feel that Rukbat was kinda deliberately picking at the review this time (sorry). And to counter some of the points stated:

1. having expandable storage is better than not having expandable storage ._.

2. It was pretty obvious what he was comparing the A50’s camera to...not too sure about low light but having a wide angle seems great

3. Samsung’s customer service isn’t that bad, there are plenty of official online tips...it has a lot of room for improvement but it’s not like Huawei’s customer service is 5 stars either.

4. And if you’re hinting that just because it’s a Samsung or is good-value it’s not worth it purely for the customer service then I have to disagree...having great customer service but having an overpriced and mediocre device just doesn’t make sense.

5. I know that the Pixel 3a has great software (not unique to it) and a brilliant camera, but you can’t argue that it provides better value than other brands like Nokia, Samsung or Xiaomi when they are offering CPUs like the SD 675, 710, 712, 730 etc at a lower price

thontz

Jul 20, 2018
Visit site
(Observes potential argument)

There were a couple of contradictions in the review, but I do feel that Rukbat was kinda deliberately picking at the review this time (sorry). And to counter some of the points stated:

1. having expandable storage is better than not having expandable storage ._.

2. It was pretty obvious what he was comparing the A50’s camera to...not too sure about low light but having a wide angle seems great

3. Samsung’s customer service isn’t that bad, there are plenty of official online tips...it has a lot of room for improvement but it’s not like Huawei’s customer service is 5 stars either.

4. And if you’re hinting that just because it’s a Samsung or is good-value it’s not worth it purely for the customer service then I have to disagree...having great customer service but having an overpriced and mediocre device just doesn’t make sense.

5. I know that the Pixel 3a has great software (not unique to it) and a brilliant camera, but you can’t argue that it provides better value than other brands like Nokia, Samsung or Xiaomi when they are offering CPUs like the SD 675, 710, 712, 730 etc at a lower price

Thank you for backing me up. Rukbat likes to follow my threads and complain to me. He's annoying. The things that he contradicted me on were things that he got wrong or read them wrong.

Samsung has always offered me great customer service over the phone, emails or live chats. To be fair, Huawei had live chat for the US, but they refused to answer the questions with concrete answers.

The Samsung A50 was a good phone on the hardware side. I bought a fully spec'd OP6 and the AMOLED screen was impossible to see in the sunlight on the brightest settings. I was not excited to try another AMOLED screen but the Samsung display worked well in sunlight.

The problems with the Samsung A50 phone seemed to be software issues but there were a lot of them. Part of me even thinks the overheating had to do with software as well.

I never compared the A50 to a Pixel camera, Rukbat just can't read. I was comparing it to the Huawei camera.

And the main point is that I was trying to give people an honest review of the A50, which Rukbat isn't interested in, but he has to keep chiming in.

He compares the phones casing as comparable to Gorilla glass 5.I urge you all to go to Best Buy and tap on the back of a Pixel 3a or 3aXL.When you hear plastic you'll then understand what an ***** Rukbat is.

Golurk

Apr 12, 2019
Visit site
He has a different view, which in this case both of us disagree with...although (I) try to avoid insults and making these personal because at the end of the day you could get banned plus it’s not worth it. And on online forums there’ll always be plenty of users that one could find annoying >_<

Also if you find overheating to be a problem it could be something to do with the charger (if you use a charger which has too high wattage) or if you charge your phone in a warm/hot place. Hope that helps, but hot components can definitely affect performance.

BTW how do you find OneUI on the A50 (especially the camera app)? I’m curious to see whether the new camera app has a dedicated night mode and whether scene optimiser works well...

thontz

Jul 20, 2018
Visit site
He has a different view, which in this case both of us disagree with...although (I) try to avoid insults and making these personal because at the end of the day you could get banned plus it’s not worth it. And on online forums there’ll always be plenty of users that one could find annoying >_<

Also if you find overheating to be a problem it could be something to do with the charger (if you use a charger which has too high wattage) or if you charge your phone in a warm/hot place. Hope that helps, but hot components can definitely affect performance.

BTW how do you find OneUI on the A50 (especially the camera app)? I’m curious to see whether the new camera app has a dedicated night mode and whether scene optimiser works well...

Yes I know all about drama on forums. It's a part of the experience. I'm usually the one controlling it. I'm an ADMIN for 6 groups on Facebook and I'm a moderator for 3 groups. It's one thing to bash others and insult others, and it's another thing to defend yourself. Rukbat has STARTED every single issue with me. He follows my posts and makes comments that are usually wrong and often times inappropriate. He wants to argue that a Pixel 3a is not made of plastic. And when he does realize he is wrong, then he goes silent and doesn't admit it. The behavior that he shows is the exact opposite of what a moderator should be.

Now, on to the Samsung A50. Yes I know not to use a charger with the wrong wattage. I was using the factory Samsung charger. I left a big review on this phone and my experience only got worse as time went on. Fingerprint sensor and face unlock both were just awful. There isn't a word to explain just how bad they were. The phone had lagging issues on even simple things. I would hit the icon to dial and it would take 2 seconds to launch. On the camera, I sometimes would hit the shutter button and it wouldn't do anything for a few seconds and then it would snap a pic. The layout of the UI is better than the usual Samsung Galaxy layout. It's still not organized well as icons are out of order. But the actual use of the UI could be the big issue. I had tons of problems with the phone and I don't know if they were caused by One UI or caused by hardware. On the last day I used it, it was plugging in and charging while on my leather couch. It was so hot that it melted a small spot on my couch. Needless to say I returned it and I don't miss it either. Also, I don't know if you read, but my Huawei Mate 20 Lite that I kept trying to send back, kept coming back because the seller was giving me fake shipping labels without postage basically. Then the seller at the same time turned me in for not returning it in time. I lost my chance to return it and I had to keep the phone and not get my money back. After talking to Ebay and proving this to them, they gave me a full refund and allowed me to keep the phone. And today, this morning, the phone did it's first update to Android Pie and EMUI 9.0.1. So, for a free phone, I'll keep it until it dies.

The Samsung A50 was the buggiest phone I've ever had. But, it did have a VERY nice display. It's 6.4" AMOLED display was much nicer than the Pixel 3aXL and the Pixel is $200 more. Sound on the Samsung A50 is decent for a budget phone as well. But it just doesn't work well if that makes sense. It was a frustrating phone.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
For the "hot charging" go to Settings>Device Care>Battery>3 dots on the top right>Settings>Look for fast charging>turn it off. The phone could get hot while fast charging, especially if it's doing something while charging, like downloading or playing a video, or you left a game in the background. It'll charge slower, but won't get as hot.

Some of the lag you're seeing is the animation. Samsung does tend to go overboard with their animations, making it feel a little slow. You can go to settings>advanced settings>reduce animations. You can also use the developer settings to set the animation speed to 0.5 to make them faster.

I'm not sure what you mean by icons out of order. You can always change the order of icons manually.

thontz

Jul 20, 2018
Visit site
For the "hot charging" go to Settings>Device Care>Battery>3 dots on the top right>Settings>Look for fast charging>turn it off. The phone could get hot while fast charging, especially if it's doing something while charging, like downloading or playing a video, or you left a game in the background. It'll charge slower, but won't get as hot.

Some of the lag you're seeing is the animation. Samsung does tend to go overboard with their animations, making it feel a little slow. You can go to settings>advanced settings>reduce animations. You can also use the developer settings to set the animation speed to 0.5 to make them faster.

I'm not sure what you mean by icons out of order. You can always change the order of icons manually.

No matter what the settings are, the phone should not get hot enough to melt a couch. I NEVER play games or use any heavy programs. I'm a light cell phone user and therefore a budget phone will work for me. The Samsung A50 ran out of battery life extremely fast and charged extremely slow until it got hot one night while charging. It was so hot it hurt my fingers. I'm not going to cry and said it "burned" my fingers, but yeah it stung. I was using the factory charger and charging settings were set to default. If you buy a phone that advertises "rapid charge" "turbo charging" "DASH charging", well then it should do it!

After the Samsung A50 got really hot, it actually started performing better! Yeah the fingerprint scanner and face unlock were both worthless even after I deleted and rescanned multiple times, but the phone's battery was lasting longer and was charging quicker. And it never got hot again during charging. The phone was always extremely "buggy" and I don't know if it was a UI software issue or if it was a hardware issue. But then I had it charging on my leather couch and it got so hot that it melted a spot in my couch. I had to get a butter knife to flip it off the couch. I have no idea if the buggy software was the issue or if it had a hardware problem.

I used the phone lightly and charged it every other day when it got down to around 20%. Yes I said I charged it only every two days. Honestly that is disappointing compared to my Huawei Mate 20 Lite because I charge that phone once every three days. I literally do nothing. A few texts and calls a day. Might use Google Maps maybe 10-15 minutes a week. I average 15MB of data a month. Not 15GB, only 15MB. I mainly use it at home on WiFi. So, the Samsung A50 should've been able to do everything that I needed it to do.

In defense of the phone, the display is VERY nice. I love the LCD basic display on my Huawei Mate 20 Lite but that is because I like the colder vivid color option. I like my white to be really white and almost with a blue tint. The Samsung display can attempt that, but it still is a warmer display. I'm used to Apple products as a former iPhone user and a current MacBook Pro Retina display owner so I like crisp whites. But the Samsung AMOLED is cleaner and sharper than the Huawei and it should be as it is an AMOLED VS LCD.

The Samsung A50 has some nice features, if they worked, but it seemed that they rushed the phone to market. It was the buggiest phone I've ever owned and the most problematic phone I've ever owned. And that is sad because it has so much going for it. Great display, decent sound for a budget phone, surprisingly good camera, when the software cooperates.

But I wouldn't recommend one until Samsung officially addresses ALL the problems. Fingerprint scanner and face unlock issues. Software lag on the simplest things. Also, I never have more than one app opened. It was very disappointing which was sad because I wanted to love it so much.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
1. It should be able to do fast charging yes. I have my phones on fast charge. But you were saying it was too hot. My S9 was never too hot to handle or stung. I was giving you an option to not make it hot. Also I never fall for that "if you're phone advertises it can do this, you should do it!" That's just plain wrong. If you find that feature detrimental to your experience, you should be free to turn it off if you want to. It's a matter of weighing the pros and cons.

2. One thing I noticed that's different from you and what the reviewers I've seen is that they're using the models specifically for their countries. You're using an A505G, while the US Model as sold by Verizon is the A505U according to their site. There is conflicting info on what bands the A505G has actually, so the reduced battery life and heating up can be from signal problems. Don't believe the signal bars. It can show like almost full but when you look at the actual dbm values it's low signal values.

Golurk

Apr 12, 2019
Visit site
The A50 got a score of 83 on dxomark (I think)...not the best compared to brands like Huawei/Honor/Xiaomi considering the price but still decent, what do you guys think?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome