Hello, I'm new here and found the forum after googling my thoughts on the Samsung S10.

I had convinced myself it was the best phone on the market, and was still trying to convince myself this when I turned it on! Unfortunately it was directly next to my old S7, which immediately looked a much better option. To be brief, the display looked basic and "older", and the S10 camera appears to be terrible. I really tried to talk myself in to liking it! But have decided to quit while I'm ahead, return the phone and get something better.

So what would people recommend? I'm no phone expert, just want something with a great camera (worth the small fortune I spent) and a smart looking display with no major issues. Around the same size as the S10, nothing too huge. I was looking at the Google Pixel 3, any views on this?

Thanks in advance!
    07-13-2019 03:42 AM
    I'm not a frequent poster, and I don't churn phones like I used to--but my opinion is the Huawei. Politics notwithstanding, it's the best I've found. Leica lenses, great in low light, manual options. Look up reviews on the Mate 20 and the P30 Pro.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    07-13-2019 08:37 AM
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...0&share_type=t

Some of us are rather enjoying the camera, but I get it. It's not everyone's cup of tea.
    07-13-2019 09:05 AM
    Hello, I'm new here and found the forum after googling my thoughts on the Samsung S10.

I had convinced myself it was the best phone on the market, and was still trying to convince myself this when I turned it on! Unfortunately it was directly next to my old S7, which immediately looked a much better option. To be brief, the display looked basic and "older", and the S10 camera appears to be terrible. I really tried to talk myself in to liking it! But have decided to quit while I'm ahead, return the phone and get something better.

So what would people recommend? I'm no phone expert, just want something with a great camera (worth the small fortune I spent) and a smart looking display with no major issues. Around the same size as the S10, nothing too huge. I was looking at the Google Pixel 3, any views on this?

Thanks in advance!
    Top phone cameras, not in any particular order
    S10
    Pixel
    Huawei
    iPhone

Pixel 3axl cheaper with same camera like 3xl
    07-13-2019 09:41 AM
    I'm not a frequent poster, and I don't churn phones like I used to--but my opinion is the Huawei. Politics notwithstanding, it's the best I've found. Leica lenses, great in low light, manual options. Look up reviews on the Mate 20 and the P30 Pro.
    Huawei phones are excellent options. I used the Honor 8 and was really interested in the P20 and P30. Definitely a great product line.
    opeycunningham likes this.
    07-14-2019 03:38 PM
    Huawei P30 Pro is a beast but I like S10 more, I don't know what's in your camera, mine is perfectly fine
    07-30-2019 12:20 PM
    Did you make a phone purchase decision, OP?
    08-25-2019 02:54 PM