Advice needed on Which phone can take a decent no of apps

Lenilen

Sep 25, 2016
Visit site
Hello, I have a Samsung J5 which was pre-loaded with lots of Microsoft software (which I was not aware of and don't need and can't fully get rid of). I installed an SD card but then found most apps will not save to it. So I have to run the phone with virtually no apps.
Questions: (a) If I buy a new phone and the ads don't say what software is preinstalled how can I tell?
(b) What phone should I buy?
(c) I have heard about rooting as an answer but have no idea how to do it. Is there a guide?

Any ideas gratefully received. Lenilen.

gmoore114

Jun 18, 2019
Visit site
You have to start with your carrier. Is your carrier GSM or CDMA? You have to select a phone that works with your network.
What LTE bands do they use? Then look at the phones that support those LTE bands.

Look at AndroidOne phones that are for your country. They are pure android, no manufacturer apps at all.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
In general, get a phone with the most internal storage you can afford. 8 GB is really not enough, and even 16 GB gets filled pretty quickly. 32 GB is the minimum that anyone who wants to install a lot of apps should consider.

There's no easy way to figure out if a phone has a lot of preinstalled bloatware besides reading reviews. It can depend on the carrier as well, since some carriers are more notorious than others.

Which phone should you buy depends on a lot of different factors, like your budget and what's important to you in a phone (e.g., camera quality, SD card slot, performance, screen quality, etc.).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeneral2