Hi,

Been using the Moto G series for the past 5 years and most recently upgraded to a Moto G6 plus, unfortunately the phone died last week and whilst it's under a year old and in warranty that warranty is void due to water damage so I am in the market for a new phone.

I'm being somewhat picky, I would like something that could match the specs of the G6 plus but not cost the same of around ~£220. I've had a look at the most Moto G7 series and the G7 Power looks good even though it is less powerful.

I'm looking for any recommendations of starting points if you guys could suggest any, the criteria I guess would be:

Moto G6 plus specs or close to
    Android
    £150ish Pay as you Go
    Around £20 per month Pay Monthly, I don't mind an upfront cost

Been having a look and will continue to narrow down this list:

Redmi Note 7
    Honor 10 Lite
    Huawei P Smart 2019
    Moto G7 Power
    Xperia L3
    Nokia 6.1 - Much cheaper but has issues?

I have no experience with the Chinese companies and I'm sort of sceptical about support and rumours of the them not being able to access the Play Store in the future.

The Country is UK
    07-22-2019 03:40 AM
    Currently Huawei/Honor smartphones are tempting spec-wise but I would wait to see how the dispute turns out before buying their phones. Xiaomi isn’t politically controversial so you would be fine buying one.

I would say spec-wise the Redmi Note 7 is the best, and Xiaomi does have a decent track record of updating their devices for 2 years (approx, not sure for budget phones) but if you want pure or near-stock Android then MIUI isn’t for you.

The Nokia 6.1 has Android One but compared to the Note 7 it is lacklustre everywhere else.

As for the G7 Power, the camera isn’t anything great but it should have a good battery and you already know the software. Power wise it is the same as the Nokia but a step below the Redmi
    08-06-2019 04:18 AM