Mate 20 pro from IPhone?

scuderiajordan

Jul 22, 2019
Visit site
Hi all, can you give me an advice?

I have an iPhone 6s from 3.5 years that still run smoothly apart from battery (I already changed it personally 2 times) and screen (I broke extensively the glass in half the surface).

Before the iPhone I had a nexus 4 for 3 years, hence I know how to root phones and how kernel/ROMs work.

Do you think it is convenient to buy the mate 20 pro? I can get a new one for 399€.
I saw that on xda there is no an active community like it was for the nexus. And I kept the nexus for 3 years only thanks to the community that constantly updated system and ROMs like an apple continuous system upgrade.

I can't buy a phone for 1000€ or more, so no Apple and no Samsung S10+

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Hi all, can you give me an advice?

I have an iPhone 6s from 3.5 years that still run smoothly apart from battery (I already changed it personally 2 times) and screen (I broke extensively the glass in half the surface).

Before the iPhone I had a nexus 4 for 3 years, hence I know how to root phones and how kernel/ROMs work.

Do you think it is convenient to buy the mate 20 pro? I can get a new one for 399€.
I saw that on xda there is no an active community like it was for the nexus. And I kept the nexus for 3 years only thanks to the community that constantly updated system and ROMs like an apple continuous system upgrade.

I can't buy a phone for 1000€ or more, so no Apple and no Samsung S10+

Mate 20 Pro is an awesome upgrade to the iPhone 6s. But you won't be able to switch to custom roms etc as Huawei locked down the bootloader so no Root

scuderiajordan

Jul 22, 2019
Visit site
Arf, I did not know they locked it.
Usually android smartphones in that era (8 years ago) gradually slowed down in performance and thru were not always upgrade to latest is. the only solution was to periodically install new os and keep updated with new features present in New ROMs. I don't know if the situation changed...

Anyway of course you can move the thread to another subforum if it's more appropriate.
My intent was to ask an advice on the mate 20 pro or any other solution like some oneplus or something else..or just waiting the autumn

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'll just leave this thread here. Feel free to ask more Mate 20 Pro questions in that specific forum!

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I used a Huawei phone before (Honor 8) and loved it! You may not be able to root it but EMUI is really customizable and awesome and you can download an app called EMUI Theme Editor for even more options. Honor is also a good brand to check out (a sub-brand of Huawei) if you're looking for a good phone with an awesome camera at a convenient price.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy