I'm looking at replacing my S9+, as it's the biggest POS phone I've ever owned. It has been warranted 7 times due to non responsive touch screen and it's 15 months old. So I'm looking for recommendations on a something new. Preferably a none Samsung phone. I'm in Canada, so phone choices aren't the greatest.

Thanks.
    11-09-2019 05:06 AM
    I'm looking at replacing my S9+, as it's the biggest POS phone I've ever owned. It has been warranted 7 times due to non responsive touch screen and it's 15 months old. So I'm looking for recommendations on a something new. Preferably a none Samsung phone. I'm in Canada, so phone choices aren't the greatest.

Thanks.
    Can try the pixels or One Plus
    11-09-2019 08:47 AM
    WoW

Never heard of anybody having that many phones replaced.
    11-09-2019 09:23 AM
    I'm sure you already went through all of the troubleshooting steps, but just curious -- this touchscreen issue persisted without a screen protector on, and also in Safe Mode?

Without knowing anything else about what you're looking for in a phone, I would agree with mustang7757 -- the Pixel 3a is a great value, with most of the important Pixel features at half the price of the flagship Pixels. OnePlus makes reliably good phones as well. Consider also Nokia, since they guarantee monthly security updates.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    11-09-2019 01:58 PM
    WoW

Never heard of anybody having that many phones replaced.
    The phone wasn't replaced, it was the touchscreen that was. It's still the same phone, just with 7 different screens.

I'm sure you already went through all of the troubleshooting steps, but just curious -- this touchscreen issue persisted without a screen protector on, and also in Safe Mode?

Without knowing anything else about what you're looking for in a phone, I would agree with mustang7757 -- the Pixel 3a is a great value, with most of the important Pixel features at half the price of the flagship Pixels. OnePlus makes reliably good phones as well. Consider also Nokia, since they guarantee monthly security updates.
    No screen protector.

I was looking at the OnePlus but no one has it in Canada. Atleast at the stores where i'm living. Same with Nokia. All we have are iPhone, Samsung, Google Pixel, Huawei, LG, and Motorola.

But i'm thinking of the Pixel phone. As it doesn't have the Edge screen like the S9+ has and I hate it with a passion.
    11-10-2019 04:56 PM
    I live in Canada - which carrier are you with?

I'd recommend the Pixel as well - the Pixel 3a is a great bang for your back if you're looking for a phone with great hardware and software, continuous monthly updates, and a phenomenal camera.
    11-10-2019 05:17 PM
    The phone wasn't replaced, it was the touchscreen that was. It's still the same phone, just with 7 different screens.

No screen protector.

I was looking at the OnePlus but no one has it in Canada. Atleast at the stores where i'm living. Same with Nokia. All we have are iPhone, Samsung, Google Pixel, Huawei, LG, and Motorola.

But i'm thinking of the Pixel phone. As it doesn't have the Edge screen like the S9+ has and I hate it with a passion.
    How does the edge screen get in your way ?
    I have screen capture and several other apps on it.
    Sometimes I even forget I have it.
    11-10-2019 06:43 PM
    I live in Canada - which carrier are you with?

I'd recommend the Pixel as well - the Pixel 3a is a great bang for your back if you're looking for a phone with great hardware and software, continuous monthly updates, and a phenomenal camera.
    I'm with Telus. Been with them for about 4 years now.

How does the edge screen get in your way ?
    I have screen capture and several other apps on it.
    Sometimes I even forget I have it.
    If theres anything on the Edge, such as the X to close off a window it doesn't respond.
    11-10-2019 08:00 PM

No screen protector.

I order online from one plus and have it delivered .
    11-10-2019 08:02 PM
    I order online from one plus and have it delivered .
    I was going to order the OnePlus 6T when it was released. They have a Canadian site. Very tempting line!
    mustang7757 likes this.
    11-10-2019 08:23 PM
    I was going to order the OnePlus 6T when it was released. They have a Canadian site. Very tempting line!
    Yeah figured they should like the US
    Morty2264 likes this.
    11-10-2019 08:24 PM
    You should definitely go with the pixels series.
    11-11-2019 03:45 AM