Looking for a new phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shisimona

Jul 23, 2016
Visit site
I'm looking at replacing my S9+, as it's the biggest POS phone I've ever owned. It has been warranted 7 times due to non responsive touch screen and it's 15 months old. So I'm looking for recommendations on a something new. Preferably a none Samsung phone. I'm in Canada, so phone choices aren't the greatest.

Thanks.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I'm looking at replacing my S9+, as it's the biggest POS phone I've ever owned. It has been warranted 7 times due to non responsive touch screen and it's 15 months old. So I'm looking for recommendations on a something new. Preferably a none Samsung phone. I'm in Canada, so phone choices aren't the greatest.

Thanks.
Can try the pixels or One Plus

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm sure you already went through all of the troubleshooting steps, but just curious -- this touchscreen issue persisted without a screen protector on, and also in Safe Mode?

Without knowing anything else about what you're looking for in a phone, I would agree with mustang7757 -- the Pixel 3a is a great value, with most of the important Pixel features at half the price of the flagship Pixels. OnePlus makes reliably good phones as well. Consider also Nokia, since they guarantee monthly security updates.

Shisimona

Jul 23, 2016
Visit site
WoW

Never heard of anybody having that many phones replaced.

The phone wasn't replaced, it was the touchscreen that was. It's still the same phone, just with 7 different screens.

I'm sure you already went through all of the troubleshooting steps, but just curious -- this touchscreen issue persisted without a screen protector on, and also in Safe Mode?

Without knowing anything else about what you're looking for in a phone, I would agree with mustang7757 -- the Pixel 3a is a great value, with most of the important Pixel features at half the price of the flagship Pixels. OnePlus makes reliably good phones as well. Consider also Nokia, since they guarantee monthly security updates.

No screen protector.

I was looking at the OnePlus but no one has it in Canada. Atleast at the stores where i'm living. Same with Nokia. All we have are iPhone, Samsung, Google Pixel, Huawei, LG, and Motorola.

But i'm thinking of the Pixel phone. As it doesn't have the Edge screen like the S9+ has and I hate it with a passion.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I live in Canada - which carrier are you with?

I'd recommend the Pixel as well - the Pixel 3a is a great bang for your back if you're looking for a phone with great hardware and software, continuous monthly updates, and a phenomenal camera.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
The phone wasn't replaced, it was the touchscreen that was. It's still the same phone, just with 7 different screens.

No screen protector.

I was looking at the OnePlus but no one has it in Canada. Atleast at the stores where i'm living. Same with Nokia. All we have are iPhone, Samsung, Google Pixel, Huawei, LG, and Motorola.

But i'm thinking of the Pixel phone. As it doesn't have the Edge screen like the S9+ has and I hate it with a passion.

How does the edge screen get in your way ?
I have screen capture and several other apps on it.
Sometimes I even forget I have it.

Shisimona

Jul 23, 2016
Visit site
I live in Canada - which carrier are you with?

I'd recommend the Pixel as well - the Pixel 3a is a great bang for your back if you're looking for a phone with great hardware and software, continuous monthly updates, and a phenomenal camera.

I'm with Telus. Been with them for about 4 years now.

How does the edge screen get in your way ?
I have screen capture and several other apps on it.
Sometimes I even forget I have it.

If theres anything on the Edge, such as the X to close off a window it doesn't respond.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

No screen protector.

I order online from one plus and have it delivered .

Status
Not open for further replies.