Waiting for lower prices after MWC in Barcelona

Sbiriguda

Feb 3, 2020
Visit site
I have been told that it's better to wait to buy after the Mobile World Congress that will be held from Feb 24 to Feb 27 in Barcelona (if not canceled because of the coronavirus). In the MWC many manufacturers present the newest models and after the exhibition they reduce the prices on older models. Does it make sense to you?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
In light of the coronavirus situation, not yet. One sneeze at the convention could lead to hundreds of new cases, and when those people return home and get to the point that they can spread it, each one can cause hundreds of new cases. If we have a pandemic, I wouldn't bet on industry at all, for a while. If it stays limited to where it is now, it's still going to affect a lot of the Chinese supply line (one of Apple's suppliers has already lowered business expectations due to the virus - if the supply goes down, the price goes up, so the price on last year's models won't go down).

I don't think it will hurt to wait a couple of weeks, but I wouldn't expect to see large price drops to get rid of current stock.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vignajeanniegolabek