Help me help my wife pls

trinitys_mate

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
OK so I'm looking for a new phone for my wife.

First off she is looking to move away from three as the signal in my street is almost non-existent, on the same note I'm on EE and it's pretty crap here too so avoid those please.

She is no techy so she doesn't want to spent top[ money but of course I want the best we can get with her budget - she says up to about £35 a month.

We have a small child so I think the biggest priority is the cameras then probably battery as we all know how annoying crap ones can

I have been browsing the comparison sites the last few days and so far I'm seeing Sony experia 1. LG G8s, Pixel 4 small and One Plus 6T

Of course some from Oppo and Huawei but worried about them going away from google?

These are coming out in her price range so just wondering what you peeps think?

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Hi I would consider the signal on O2. You should be able to check the signal on your street on their website o2.co.uk They are more expensive than three for the same data but they often have good signal where three is lacking. I have an O2 sim for my friend as she can't get a three signal in her flat.

This looks like a good deal on an S10 and they will upgrade it to the 512GB size phone with a code on this page. It is a 36 month contract but you should have 14 days to return the phone if you don't have signal.

I am using an S10+ and I think it is a great phone. You don't have to be techy to use it. The camera is quite good.

I am not a salesperson for O2 and am not saying they are the best for you. But it is worth seeing how good they are in your area. Maybe you could get a cheap pay as you go sim and see how it works before signing up.

This deal can be found here

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...nt.sorting.featured%26page%3D2&token=vaWnrtO-

Please read through their terms and conditions and decide for yourself if this company or offer is suitable for your needs. There is a lot to check out.

Good luckScreenshot_20200403-201806_Samsung%20Internet.jpeg

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Since you mention that camera and battery are both important, I'd consider the Pixel 3a. The smaller 4's battery life isn't supposed to be very good (unless you turn off a lot of the fancy features like the Soli radar chip), while the 3a is notable for remarkably good battery life compared to the comparable flagship Pixel 3 or 4. Still has the same excellent camera.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I too would recommend the Google Pixel 3a. It is at a lower price point since the 4 line is out; it will continue to receive software updates for at least a year and a half; the camera is awesome and I've heard battery life is good.

If your wife is not very techy, a Pixel phone would be great because it's as close to stock Android as you can get and does not have any manufacturer-specific bloatware. A clean operating system and easy to learn!

Let us know what you and your wife decide!

BrianLightManBruce

Oct 8, 2019
Visit site
No expert me. I often recommend the LG Stylo to Technology Challenged friends & associates. It operates beautifully out of the Box +++ has a built-in stylus for the clumsy handed.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I'll add to the maybes - Sony Experia 1 and oneplus 6T

Those are good choices too! I'd still recommend the 3a. It may be a little harder to get your hands on a OnePlus 6T because the OnePlus 8 line is coming out soon (but you could still buy used, on other websites, etc.).

But the OnePlus line is amazing so I can definitely understand why you are looking at it!

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Check this Kirstein
Hey that looks like a good deal but look at the rate before cashback. Can you afford that? The cashback deal does look good though. It may be good to see if it is automatic cashback rather than you claiming it through sending them bills. Read the small print on the website.

trinitys_mate

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
She decided to go with the S10 on O2- she didn't want the hassle that comes with the cashback so decided to pay £37 a month with unlimit calls and text and 30gig of data.

Just setting it up for here now.

BIG thanks to everyone that helped us make the decision :-*

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vignajeanniegolabek