Cheap smartphone for my mum

BEaRebel

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
This may be it. Slimness of Nokia just might break in 1/2 (jk) in his pocket. Nice device tho (My Upgrade Next!).
SO,
Moto G7 w/Alexa 299$ 64gb.
Does anyone have & USE Alexa? Any way to Disable ? Have a feeling NAH.
~Another Package option w/SD card,
Sans Alexa, but cannot imagine it's Class 10.
✨I cannot thank u all enuf ✨
Huge step for this person + I'll be doing most of the Work 🙊🌴
Let me know Which one ✌🏼
Straight up or with Alexa.
BE WELL 🐾🐺

Sbiriguda

Feb 3, 2020
Visit site
I have a question which is "partially" related to the original question of this thread
What if I have to transfer everything (contacts especially, but possibly also sms texts, etc. etc.) to a new android smartphone from an old "non smart" phone? My mother's phone was a Nokia from the stone age, she should copy one by one all the numbers on the contacts of the new smartphone but if possible I would like to avoide her that...

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It's possible that the contacts are saved to the SIM card. Most phones still give you the option to import contacts from a SIM card -- here's an example: www.samsung.com/au/support/mobile-devices/how-to-import-or-export-contacts-stored-in-sim-card/

The tricky thing, though woud be that the old SIM card is likely bigger than the standard nano-SIM these days. In that case, you could try cutting the SIM down. There are tools for that: https://www.amazon.com/Aerb-Nano-Mi...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6790344

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
I would choose the moto. I had the G6 play and it was a great phone for its budget. Got one for my friend and she has been using it a couple of years with no issues.

BEaRebel

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
Thank yu K.G., Okay I Am ALL IN On the Moto,
~How Do we Feel about ALEXA ?

P.Diddy,
Interesting @ cutting down the Sim,
I was thinking if she didn't have Google account backing it all up, she could download to computer & reload onto to new phone.
Also RerWare App...

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I was thinking if she didn't have Google account backing it all up, she could download to computer & reload onto to new phone.

Remember that she's talking about a non-smartphone, which is much less likely to sync contacts to Google. There might be an easier way to export the contacts, but it would depend on the exact phone she's talking about.

BEaRebel

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
FUNNY...
NICE TO KNOW PEOPLE STILL HAVE A SENSE OF HUMOR ✨✨✨
I know u like the Nokia,
But
ALEXA or No on MOTO.
GOTTA Pull the Trigger. Gettin' antsy 🤪

BEaRebel

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
Thank you to Everyone for Helping me bring Someone to the Light ✨
Too bad this Moto G7's not mine... Pout Pout.
Just ckng out Ring Tones - sound is pretty decent comparatively. Even got Beetle Supcase -Another 'Ku-Dos' to Yu.
Will need to work on Cool Device for Muá in future.
Always feel better checking in with you all.

~BTW, to the Device Collectors/"Addicts",
Or just people needing more than 1 phone -
What is your favorite way to handle this ? Yeas, Going over Article right now... ✌????????????

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Thank you to Everyone for Helping me bring Someone to the Light
Too bad this Moto G7's not mine... Pout Pout.
Just ckng out Ring Tones - sound is pretty decent comparatively. Even got Beetle Supcase -Another 'Ku-Dos' to Yu.
Will need to work on Cool Device for Muá in future.
Always feel better checking in with you all.

~BTW, to the Device Collectors/"Addicts",
Or just people needing more than 1 phone -
What is your favorite way to handle this ? Yeas, Going over Article right now... ������������
Haha. If you liked the G7 the obvious upgrade could be OnePlus, this is what I did. Me and my family have been using different Moto G models for ages and a year ago I jumped to OnePlus. Our phones right now are a G7+, a G8+ and a OnePlus 7. Take a look at the deals for the OnePlus 7T.

BEaRebel

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
Thank you Javier P !!!. I went over friend's budget on the G7! Had to be done. 64gb is my recommended minimum. Im gonna take my truck, run over this
LG Fortune smashed screen to finish it off, then Throw in Tampa Bay this Afternoon !

My current device is Huawei Mate SE. Never got over someone stealing prior device, so I like spending less on phone. I'd really like to upgrade my iPad next to the New New, but these days 2k is needed elsewhere.
Good Question -How do people work without
AT LEAST 2 Devices, if not 3. Truly a Must ������������✌������

BEaRebel

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
Hi Everyone
Wanted to give Update on MG7. Since I had 14 "Auto" Updates, on this "NEW" Device fr Amazon (299$), decided to Return & purchase Directly fr Motorola on Sale - @229$ +sh. Saving @50$. Purchased Cl.10 micro SD- fr Adorama for 15.99.

Also must ask, what Do yu All like as Back Up
Tool? Has anyone found anything REALLY GOOD? Used to use Rerware 'My Backup' years ago, but seems people were unable to retrieve info. Google saves most, but like having sms/mms, call logs, etc.
Ideas? How about "Titanium Backup" ?

Last edited:

shasticat

Jun 27, 2016
Visit site
It's possible that the contacts are saved to the SIM card. Most phones still give you the option to import contacts from a SIM card -- here's an example: www.samsung.com/au/support/mobile-devices/how-to-import-or-export-contacts-stored-in-sim-card/

The tricky thing, though woud be that the old SIM card is likely bigger than the standard nano-SIM these days. In that case, you could try cutting the SIM down. There are tools for that: https://www.amazon.com/Aerb-Nano-Mic...cUvbUpU6790344

Thanks! I was looking for something like this
61jiYneXbXL._AC_SL300_.jpg

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Hi Everyone
Wanted to give Update on MG7. Since I had 14 "Auto" Updates, on this "NEW" Device fr Amazon (299$), decided to Return & purchase Directly fr Motorola on Sale - @229$ +sh. Saving @50$. Purchased Cl.10 micro SD- fr Adorama for 15.99.

Also must ask, what Do yu All like as Back Up
Tool? Has anyone found anything REALLY GOOD? Used to use Rerware 'My Backup' years ago, but seems people were unable to retrieve info. Google saves most, but like having sms/mms, call logs, etc.
Ideas? How about "Titanium Backup" ?

Titanium Backup is great if your phone is rooted. Otherwise no dice. I backup my sms with an app called sms backup. Everything else is backed up to google photos or google drive. But that's from the individual apps themselves. I also have a backup from my device manufacturer.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
I concur with sms backup. It is brilliant and saves all messages and mms. Glad you got the moto g7. I do rate them for a budget phone. Making savings direct from moto is also great. As for Alexa... i use her on my phone.

Reactions: BEaRebel

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781