Frustrated with Google+

deanne locker

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
I am new here and hope someone can help me out.
I am signed in to my Google+ account and can download SOME apps, but on others ie. Instagram, Candy Crush etc., when I try to download them from the Play Store I get a message saying I need to sign in to my Google account!!

I can not for the life of me figure out what is going on!!

Can someone help please???

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Hello Deanne, welcome to AC!
Google + is essentially your Google account, only different :p On your device, go to settings/accounts and add a Google account with your Gmail credentials and you should be all set. Having your account info in the settings/accounts is what authorizes Google Play purchases, as they're linked to Google Wallet. I hope this answers your question, however if you need further clarification please let me know.

deanne locker

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
So here is the thing...my gmail account info is already on my device. It allows me to download other apps such as The Weather Network (tried that one to see if it would work) just not the ones I really want!

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
So here is the thing...my gmail account info is already on my device. It allows me to download other apps such as The Weather Network (tried that one to see if it would work) just not the ones I really want!

Try going to settings/apps and clearing data for the play Store, then try again. If not post the error message.

Sent from my HTC One using Mobile Nations mobile app

deanne locker

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Google "made" me update it, somehow I managed to get to a window that I could change the gmail account (apparently my daughter had set up a gmail account as well and that is what Google was trying to use).
Some apps are downloading now but Candy Crush (my HUGE addiction sadly) still gives me an error 498! Maybe that is a sign that I should stay away from Candy Crush!

Thank you for your help!!

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Google "made" me update it, somehow I managed to get to a window that I could change the gmail account (apparently my daughter had set up a gmail account as well and that is what Google was trying to use).
Some apps are downloading now but Candy Crush (my HUGE addiction sadly) still gives me an error 498! Maybe that is a sign that I should stay away from Candy Crush!

Thank you for your help!!

I'd use the feedback button in the Play Store to report that. Google acts promptly on issues with Play v

Sent from my HTC One using Mobile Nations mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae