I got my Captivate from AT&T a few weeks ago. I have a problem with my incoming text messages being time stamped 5 hours earlier. I have talked to Rogers about this. They say it is a known issue.
    I am wondering if this is all Captivates, or only the AT&T unlocked ones on the Rogers system...

If you are also having this issue, I recommend starting a tech. support session on the rogers webpage. They aren't going to fix the issue right then, but the more pressure we can put on Rogers, the faster (hopefully) a fix happens
    12-03-2010 09:03 AM
    This sounds like a carrier problem - I'm not aware of a software bug that could cause this. I've heard similar problems happen with American carriers, and it was temporary.
    12-03-2010 12:09 PM
    Good Day,
    I just got my Captivate, and I have noted the same thing. It is very frustrating. Has anyone tried a different Texting solution such as ChompSMS? I don't text a lot, but it would be nice to have the right time stamps. I even tried setting the phone to GMT, but didn't make a difference.

Dave
    12-08-2010 05:46 PM
    Are you on Rogers as well? If so it sounds like you'll have to wait for them to fix the problem. Not sure if a 3rd party message app will help, but it wouldn't hurt to try.
    12-08-2010 06:42 PM
    I have the same issue all I did was install Handcent SMS to basically replace my stock SMS app. Works great, actually better
    12-10-2010 06:30 PM
    Fully agree, had the same issue, handcent replaced my messages app and is great, I love that you can reply to a text in a nice window without leaving the program you're in or even clearing the unlock screen.
    12-21-2010 09:26 PM
    Search for SMS Time Fix in the Android Market. It will fix your SMS time woes.
    12-22-2010 02:24 PM
    Also when you update to Froyo it fixes it in the stock sms, but mentioned earlier handscent available in the market is way superior!!!
    02-01-2011 01:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD