Infotainment Center Setup Discussions

aslowe

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I use my phone and/or tablet all the time in my car. I can't remember the last time I've listened to a local radio station. Spotify, Pandora, Pocket Casts, Google Maps, I use all of these heavily. I've seen some pretty impressive mods to peoples vehicles to accommodate tablets and various infotainment centers. Has anyone come across anything that is relatively simple to put together. Maybe something that would work in a standard DIN or double DIN adapter slot.

Here's a couple that is pretty impressive. iphone only though. I would love to see something work with a 7 inch tablet.
Oxygen Audio
Dash: Smartphone-docked to the car stereo

I think the Ca-Fi systems are the closest thing to what I'd be interested in. But the software is old and it doesn't seem very customizable.
Ca-Fi Infotainment | Android

Tesla Motors has the right idea for an infotainment center. The demo's look pretty impressive, though I feel like a 17in screen is overkill.

What do you guys think? This feels like an untapped market to me.

Edit:

This is my ideal. I am going to look into how difficult this would be for my car. You might be able to replace some of the components in this setup with an N7 dock.

Here

nexus-7-subaru-impreza.jpg

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1