Getting sound into a stock Honda audio unit?

Traijan

May 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I'm hoping somebody has needed to do this in the past and can lend me directions on what I would need to do, or even if it's possible at all...

I have a Honda Ridgeline that has the basic one CD audio unit.

What I want to do is somehow get the phones output to play on my trucks speakers. But I have no clue how to do it other than the ghetto way that I'm currently doing (listed below) so if anybody has any experience in this please explain how it's done.

What I'm currently doing is to use a simple radio transmitter/ power plug (bought at Target for about $19.99) that allows me to tune it to any FM channel that I want which then broadcasts to my car radio when the radio is tuned to that FM channel. The problem with this is of course that I have to have my radio tuned to that specific channel that I chose on the transmitter, which means that I can't just bounce around between FM stations to hear the radio when I wish to.

Basically I can't hear the voice when using my phones navigation system to give me audio directions (turn left, one quarter mile etc) out of just the phone, so I need to somehow get it to play over my car speakers no matter what FM station I'm listening to, or if I'm listening to a CD.

Anybody have any clues how to go about doing this?

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Swap the radio out for one with Bluetooth. There are plenty on the market that don't cost an arm and a leg.

BeansNY

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Even with a new headunit, the GPS voice directions still won't be played while listening to FM radio. You are probably better off buying a bluetooth earphone like a Plantronics for Motorola and have the GPS voice directions play through that.

Posted via Android Central App

Traijan

May 21, 2014
Visit site
Thanks, that's actually what I did was to pick up a bluetooth earphone unit... And of course now I've lost the darn thing, it was so small I don't know where I put it. Oh well... It was only $15 at the truck stop out near the highway, I suppose I'll pick up another one when I'm going to need it again. Hell, I was surprised it even worked for $15