Bluetooth connectivity issues with Pixel XL and Scosche MagicMount magnetic car mount

Plop91

Nov 30, 2017
Visit site
I've tried two separate Bluetooth headphones on my Google Pixel XL and both had strange connection issues when I was walking around with my phone in my pocket.

I've rarely used Bluetooth headsets before recently so i had the Scosche MagicMount plate on my phone before I notice the problem.

Thanks in advance for any help

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If you have the phone in a pocket on one side and the headset receiver on the opposite ear, the signal has to go through your body - and that's worse than being 30 feet from the phone (which is the maximum range for most Bluetooth headsets). Make sure that the receiver (assuming 2 earphones i the headset) is on the same side of your body as the phone is. (If it's a single ear headset, just put it into the ear on the side that the phone is.) I can walk to my mailbox and still use my BT earphone - about 35 feed and through a monitor and a double-glass window - but put the phone and earphone on opposite sides of my body and it's intermittent, depending on how I move. And that's with 4 different earphones.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane