Pop socket?

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Just got my Pixel 7 Pro and have been thinking of trying a pop socket on it.

Pros and cons...

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Also, if you like to use the double tap gesture on the back of the phone, the PopSocket might interfere with that as well.

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Wireless charging would be difficult if not impossible with a PopSocket on.
I just don't use wireless charging that much. It's generally too slow. I just ordered a rectangular Handl with car mount. Hopefully it doesn't add too much thickness. I'm just afraid that I'll drop it. I'm certainly not committed to using it if I don't like it.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Another option to consider would be to use a wrist lanyard (with a case that has holes for one, of course). When I travel and expect to take lots of pics, I always add a lanyard. When I'm out and about and ready to snap a lot of pics, I'll just keep the lanyard around my wrist, so that the phone doesn't accidentally go flying when I take it out of my pocket.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
If you're using a case, check out the PopGrip slide. it's a PopSocket that attaches with a spring loaded grip rather than an adhesive pad. That means you can easily take it off and put it on. I've got one on my S21U and I just have to slide it down to the bottom of the case and it works with my wireless charger.

Reactions: J Dubbs

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
I have used a pop socket on 6 Pro and it really helped with one hand use. But it does interfere with the back tap a bit.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I have used a pop socket on 6 Pro and it really helped with one hand use. But it does interfere with the back tap a bit.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

I too agree that a popsocket makes one-handed use very convenient and efficient. I liked using one on my Google Pixel 2.

Annie_M

Trusted Member
Jan 18, 2017
Visit site
Another option to consider would be to use a wrist lanyard (with a case that has holes for one, of course). When I travel and expect to take lots of pics, I always add a lanyard. When I'm out and about and ready to snap a lot of pics, I'll just keep the lanyard around my wrist, so that the phone doesn't accidentally go flying when I take it out of my pocket.

That's a great idea!

Roman02

Sep 16, 2023
Visit site
If you're using a case, check out the PopGrip slide. it's a PopSocket that attaches with a spring loaded grip rather than an adhesive pad. That means you can easily take it off and put it on. I've got one on my S21U and I just have to slide it down to the bottom of the case and it works with my wireless charger.
Thank you for sharing that information about the PopGrip slide! It sounds like a convenient and versatile accessory for smartphones, especially with the wireless charger compatibility.I got something like below:

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995