Is a otterbox case worth the money?

vito032

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Hello all. I just got the galaxy S4. I want to get a good case to protect it. I've been looking and I'm wondering if the otterbox
Is worth the money. I had a S2 and I had a Ballistics case on it. I liked the case a lot but it was a little bulky. What's your thoughts on the otterbox or is there a better case for it?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using AC Forums mobile app

taylorz_412

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
I love my otterbox and use it all the time really my only complaint is the crappy built in screen protector. I pulled it out and installed a glass screen protector from spigen.com

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Lendo

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
I've had an Otterbox on almost every Blackberry I've owned. IMO, the Otterbox is worth every penny. They always seem bulky though. Trade off for the added protection though if you're clumsy.

Galaxia

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I currently use an Otterbox (commuter series) on my s4 and it doesn't really add too much bulk and I still feel safe with it. As another poster mentioned, there's the defender series and that comes with a built in screen protector but I always removed that in the past (on iphones).

vito032

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
I had the ballistics case on my s2. I really liked it and was going to order one for this. But I started looking at the otterbox defender and they seem to give just as much protection and are a little less bulky.

taylorz_412

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
I had the ballistics case on my s2. I really liked it and was going to order one for this. But I started looking at the otterbox defender and they seem to give just as much protection and are a little less bulky.

Yeah they have definitely improved the thinness of them over the years, the difference is pretty huge

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol