NFC Case

ki11ak3nn

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know of a case that still let's you use NFC?? I'm running a naked GNex because I'm using Google Wallet a lot more and got tired of taking off my case every time to use it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

neonworm

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know of a case that still let's you use NFC?? I'm running a naked GNex because I'm using Google Wallet a lot more and got tired of taking off my case every time to use it.

What case are you using?

Rayzaa

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
Works with any basic case ive used. Actually haven't tried it with my Otterbox though.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
This is likely the issue. Some vending machines are tough to get NFC to work with. I don't think the NFC capability was a main concern when they were designing those machines.

Incipio Feather Slim. I tried to use Google Wallet at a soda machine and it didn't work until I took the case off. Unless I had the phone in the wrong spot. Idk.

ki11ak3nn

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
This is likely the issue. Some vending machines are tough to get NFC to work with. I don't think the NFC capability was a main concern when they were designing those machines.

They work well once my case is off. When it's on though it's just extremely hard to get Wallet working.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

Rick_Deckard

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
NFC read range for contactless cards is usually 0-4cm. For mobile handsets they typically will not read past 2cm. Also, depending upon the reader and placement in the field, you could be collapsing the field. There is also a "sweet spot" which the vendors usually put in the middle of the phone. (It's where the antenna will transmit the best.) If the phone doesn't work, take it out of the field and place it back into the field after about one second. Try to match the middle of the phone flat with the NFC emblem. Repowering the field typically takes ~1500ms. Anything metallic could interfere with the RF. Hope that helps!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084