Zagg Elite Curve alternative

BJB1

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I have been a dedicated Zagg glass screen protector user since they came out with various phones. From the S7 Edge with adhesive only on the edges to the current Note 8 and S9 we use with (supposedly) adhesive all over.

They are good with replacements but I continue to be unsatisfied with the Elite Curve for the Note 8 and S9.

Two main issues. Glass protectors used to be advertised with hammers and such. These two crack just by looking at them and using them! No drop, but yet cracks around edges.

Just as bad, I have applied protectors so long I can do in my sleep. Yet getting either of these applied with no bubble or bubble looking areas is impossible. Of course small air pockets are normal and those go away in a few. However in every case, along the left or right vertical, there will be sections that will not stay adhered. Or even in middle! You press down and it stays a second then releases which of course ruins the clean clear view. If this was just air it would clear. This is almost like it is manufactured so certain sections do not lay flat. Or there is not adhesive there.

I have gone through many replacements for both phones.

Are there alternatives that have the old glass hardness AND the nice slick feel of the curve elite, AND apply without sections that do not stick?

Any input appreciated.

Thanks,
BJB1

BJB1

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Black audi5,
Thanks for the recommendation. Similar price to the Zagg but if there are no bubbles and it doesn't crack as easily I may give it a try the next time.

I have found any protector that does not have adhesive on the entire surface, so just on the perimeter, has sensitivity issues.

BJB1

BlackAudiA5

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
BJB1... I have to tell you... my wife dropped her brand new S9+ (less than 24 hours old) on our tile countertop. I had just ordered protective cases, so it was still naked. A small potion, (1/4 of a dime) cracked in 2 diagonal corners. The GG is guaranteed for life, with a free replacement... but shipping is $10.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phantom3SE