As usual the mfg's of cases fail to prepare for users who want extended batteries. IF I get the Charge tomorrow I want one, a little extra weight a bump in battery so why not. But it can take months to find one if at all.

So I ask has anyone heard or found a case for the Extended battery, silicone is fine, hard case too.
    05-13-2011 01:10 PM
    As usual the mfg's of cases fail to prepare for users who want extended batteries. IF I get the Charge tomorrow I want one, a little extra weight a bump in battery so why not. But it can take months to find one if at all.

So I ask has anyone heard or found a case for the Extended battery, silicone is fine, hard case too.
    I had that problem when I had the TB. I really hated carrying it around naked, so what I did is stretch the standard silicone case to fit. It was fugly but at least it provided some protection. Some else here at AC took the standard TB silicone case and cut a hole in the back to accomodate the extended battery, not a great solution either. If I get the Charge I will get some generic case until a decent one comes out. Don't know of any other solution.
    05-13-2011 02:20 PM
    I ordered a pair of extended battery doors off of Amazon and the extended battery from Verizon all should be here next week. So I will get the full body clear film kit and likely just use a vertical holster for now. I wanted the extd battery for two reasons, first and oddly enough I wanted a bit more weight to it, its just too light. Second of course why not get more battery life for a hard days use on 4G
    05-27-2011 04:44 PM
    How about contacting one of those companies that make clear protectors for the Charge, and see if they can make one for the extended battery.
    05-27-2011 07:43 PM
    I emailed the one company I have found so far that offers a full body 3M film kit for the Charge, NO ANSWER, its amazing that in today's world companies simply don't care, answer, ignore or whatever.

I will contact Seidio regarding a holster for the Charge, they finally made one for the ThunderBolt, but they have zero Charge accessories available its not even listed on their site.
    06-05-2011 08:30 AM
    Well I found something that works for a holster. I went into Verizon and checked out the two piece holster case combo that fits the standard battery. The case only fits the extended battery, but the holster by itself will accommodate the Charge with the extended battery on it. I have an invisible shield on the back so no scuffs but still not a bad deal you get two for the price of one.
    06-08-2011 07:33 AM
    Well I found something that works for a holster. I went into Verizon and checked out the two piece holster case combo that fits the standard battery. The case only fits the extended battery, but the holster by itself will accommodate the Charge with the extended battery on it. I have an invisible shield on the back so no scuffs but still not a bad deal you get two for the price of one.
    YAY, I didn't even think to try this. Works great, thank you!
    06-10-2011 05:09 PM
    it really is amazing that it takes so long to get ANYTHING for the extended battery! Seriously they have an extended battery out of the gate because they know the flux capacitors used in these things eat battery power like crazy!

Make a car dock or desk top that fits the extended battery and make a small plastic insert that is removable for the standard battery.

The droid x and the extended slim battery was the best! I got great life with it and it fit in everything, cases, docks and holsters
    06-14-2011 08:31 PM
    My company manufacturers cases but I don't think there are enough customer who use extended batteries to justify the cost of making the mold and producing the case
    06-16-2011 09:09 AM
    My company manufacturers cases but I don't think there are enough customer who use extended batteries to justify the cost of making the mold and producing the case
    I would think that with the increased use of LTE phones with higher specs that there will be a rise in extended battery users soon.
    06-16-2011 09:41 AM
    If I did design cases that worked with extended batteries what kinda of cases would you want.
    06-16-2011 09:43 AM
    If I did design cases that worked with extended batteries what kinda of cases would you want.
    Slimmer the better! I love protective cases like the OtterBox, but I just hate not being able to fit it in a jeans front pocket without looking like a brick.
    06-16-2011 09:49 AM
    Have you used a TPU case before?
    06-16-2011 10:03 AM
    Sure haven't, but after browsing the site I may just order the black one!
    06-16-2011 10:42 AM
    if you msg I can send you one. Tpu-cases is a competitor. google cruzer lite and you will see the cases on amazon that I sell
    06-16-2011 11:40 AM
    I too am waiting for a hard case that will accommodate the thicker extended battery, especially one that can clip to the belt like the one sold in the bundle at Verizon for the regular battery. I'm not buying the extended battery until the case is available.

Sent from my SCH-I510
    06-21-2011 11:16 PM
    I too would like a cover for a Droid Charge with extended battery. I would preferr a hard cover but a black or smoke grey TPU cover would also work.
    07-24-2011 11:37 PM
    I too would like a cover for a Droid Charge with extended battery. I would preferr a hard cover but a black or smoke grey TPU cover would also work.
    Me too!! I need a case for the extended battery.
    07-29-2011 10:31 PM
    uhh have you seen the forums? there is ALOT of money to be made if someone makes a legit case for the extended battery
    08-04-2011 02:30 AM
    uhh have you seen the forums? there is ALOT of money to be made if someone makes a legit case for the extended battery
    I tried and tried to get used to the extended battery but it made my phone way too fat. If anyone is interested in buying the extended battery and battery cover let me know. Shoot me a .pm
    08-05-2011 05:01 PM
    I have the extended battery and I love the extra battery life. I just wish I had a hard case for it. The battery door is was too slippery and i've dropped it way too many times. It's ridiculous that nobody makes a stupid hard case for something this basic.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
    wildrage likes this.
    08-05-2011 08:51 PM
    Can anyone recommend a good case for the extended battery?. I don't mind a holster....just don't want my phone naked much longer!
    11-16-2011 01:06 PM
    I really liked the Seidio Surface with the clip that covers the screen. Had one for my Blackberry Storm1 which survived physically longer than I was able to stand the limited phone. I was disappointed that Seidio chose to not make the Active or Rugged or whatever it is marketing calls it this week for the Charge.

Then I went with the extended battery, and even the Seidio surface does not fit any longer. I've been tempted to cut a hole for the thick battery to hang out, but am hoping Gingerbread might let me return to the stock battery.

For now have been using a Nite-Ize Sideways Clip Case LARGE. Which works well. The size large is important. You can squeeze the phone into the medium, but you are liable to flip it across the room as you draw it. The large fits just slightly snug. The Nite-Ize belt clip is a solid secure grabber as well. It is more likely to still be on your belt even as you do yard work.

Seidio's lack of support for the phone has been quite disappointing. Hard enough to choose a phone without trying to factor in who makes what cases for which battery configurations. I'm not sure Seidio appreciates that selling people on their case designs - but then cherry picking the phones they fit them to is a recipe for disgruntled FORMER customers.
    11-30-2011 04:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD