extended Battery

nipperdawg

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I have a HTC Thunderbolt. The firs one did not work so i got a replacement. The first one discharged in 4 hours. I bought the larger battery and with everything on i have gotten 12 hours out of it so far with my moderate use. Next i will turn off the pwoer suckers and expect hopefully 18 hrs.

After that i will try the standard battery and see how that lasts. i may need to use one for local use and one for more remote use.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I did order an extended battery, and of course Verizon doesn't have the battery door to go with it and Samsung of course doesn't include it (how stupid and cheap can you get). But, I did find a Amazon.com market reseller offering the battery door for $3.99, which is $6 less than retail. If you need one, they have 7 left as of this post.

Amazon.com: Samsung Galaxy S Extended Battery Door Cover for Verizon Droid Charge i510, Samsung Inspiration, Samsung Stealth, Samsung Stealth V, Samsung 4G LTE smartphones: Electronics

Beezzy

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I just picked mine up today. Will prob charge it tonight and see how a full use is tomorrow. I have a 10 hr work day, then straight to a date. So no time to mid day charge for me.

trifecta

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I'll sum up a longer post I made in another topic. Yesterday I was able to run the Charge for 20 hours with room to spare. This was under heavy use as I was constantly using all of the phones features. Also, I was always in a 4G area.

*EDIT* I was not using the mobile wifi, and I'm sure this would zap any battery. Besides that I was using everything else; GPS, browser, games, etc, etc.

I've had mine a couple of weeks and there is no chance I could get that kind of performance, and I leave the GPS off. It isn't as bad as what I hear about the T Bolt, but I can't use it for even 10 hours solid.

barrycinti

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I will probably get one once there is some kind of case that will fit the extended battery. I hate carrying the phone around naked. Has anyone found a generic case that will work? I would miss having the kickstand I now have, nice for watching movie trailers.

mboverst

May 15, 2011
plus.google.com
I've had mine a couple of weeks and there is no chance I could get that kind of performance, and I leave the GPS off. It isn't as bad as what I hear about the T Bolt, but I can't use it for even 10 hours solid.

What part of N.TX are you in? I'm still getting very impressive battery life right smack in the middle of Dallas 24/7. Over the holiday weekend I travelled to Memphis and was in/out of 4G areas multiple times a day. My battery lasted about 10 hours with light use. The switching of networks and poor reception definitely zapped my battery.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I will probably get one once there is some kind of case that will fit the extended battery. I hate carrying the phone around naked. Has anyone found a generic case that will work? I would miss having the kickstand I now have, nice for watching movie trailers.

I haven't found a case, but I did purchase a package of Invisible Shield protectors you cut to fit. I figure I can cut the pieces to cover the battery door, buy the display cover and strips for the sides. I have a holster that should work for now. Not a sexy case option but it will do the trick for now.

KMV77#AC

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I have had the extended battery for about a week now. I can get a good 12-13 hours using it miderately. With heavy use I get ten. thats with leaving everything on including 4g and turning wifion and off as needed. If I do 3g only it goes up. As for a case I hacked the back out of my body glove case for now. It fits the phone and is no thicker than the ext3ended battery cover. I'd still love to see an extended battery in stock size. Why cant they do that???
Kevin