I picked up the $14 black silicone cover for my Charge on saturday to keep the phone in good shape (selling in 5-6 months when dual core phones come out)

Anyway... The VZW store had a black silicone slip cover for the phone (I think it comes in other colors too) and it was driving me NUTS! Why? Because they put the silicone OVER the power button and on the inside there is a slight bump in the same place. End result was that any slight pressure near the power button on the phone was causing it to turn the display on/off. Everytime I held the phone and applied pressure by accident in that area, the screen would shut off. DROVE ME NUTS!

Worse still is that when the phone is locked, the power button overrides the lock with a popup menu that includes options to silnce the phone or power down completely. Yesterday my phone actually shut off/on while in my pocket!

I just realized the design flaw today and when removing the cover and running my finger over the power button it is MUCH less sensative. I plan to cut that part of the silicone out tonight with a razor knife to resolve the issue completely
    05-16-2011 05:04 PM
    I picked up the $14 black silicone cover for my Charge on saturday to keep the phone in good shape (selling in 5-6 months when dual core phones come out)

Anyway... The VZW store had a black silicone slip cover for the phone (I think it comes in other colors too) and it was driving me NUTS! Why? Because they put the silicone OVER the power button and on the inside there is a slight bump in the same place. End result was that any slight pressure near the power button on the phone was causing it to turn the display on/off. Everytime I held the phone and applied pressure by accident in that area, the screen would shut off. DROVE ME NUTS!

Worse still is that when the phone is locked, the power button overrides the lock with a popup menu that includes options to silnce the phone or power down completely. Yesterday my phone actually shut off/on while in my pocket!

I just realized the design flaw today and when removing the cover and running my finger over the power button it is MUCH less sensative. I plan to cut that part of the silicone out tonight with a razor knife to resolve the issue completely
    What brand was this?
    05-16-2011 06:31 PM
    I posted in another thread that I was also using this temporarily until better options come out for the Charge. I also noticed the crappy design with the buttons. I accidentally lock my phone a couple of times a day with it.

My Verizon rep actually gave me mine for free after we tried five different ones from his goody box and none had a good fit. It appears they just threw this together without much thought and poor production quality.
    05-16-2011 07:33 PM
    What brand was this?
    It is the Verizon branded one that they sell in the store
    Model SAMI510SILB
    Manufactured by Federation of China Technology Fund Limited
    05-16-2011 09:57 PM
    Thank you for posting this. I thought it was just me. I can't count the number of times I have locked my phone just by picking it up.

Please post how successful your modification is, I think I want to try this also.
    05-17-2011 11:33 AM
    Same here. I originally wrote it off as user error as I'm not used to having the lock button on the side of the phone. I'm glad I'm not the only one experiencing this!
    05-17-2011 11:59 AM
    Removing the bump on the inside of the case does make it better, almost like the phone was naked.

However, I wanted the power button to be a little more difficult to press, so I cut the power button cover out completely. I did have to be VERY careful because a new razor blade in my utility cutter made it almost too easy.

Now it takes a conscious effort to toggle the power button (not hard just on purpose), and I have not accidentally pressed it once. Perfect.
    05-18-2011 11:25 AM
    Thanks for the update, I'm going to break out the razor tonight and try this until we have a better option.
    05-18-2011 12:10 PM
    I just picked up this case from ebay, until I find a replacement for it. But to my surprise this is a very good cover and will definitely protect your Charge. The color is glossy black, and the fit is very snug. The only thing is that you actually have to push hard to hit the volume, and on/off button. Other than no complaints, especially considering the price...less than $4.00

Black TPU Case Cover for Samsung Droid Charge 4G LTE - eBay (item 190526879610 end time May-26-11 02:59:02 PDT)
    05-18-2011 11:54 PM
    hahaha! I thought I was the only one. This silicone cover BITES!

I tried to slide my phone in my pocket yesterday, and the dang phone slipped out of the cover.

I'm breaking out the razor right now!
    05-20-2011 07:08 PM
    I went and got the high glass silicone case. The cut outs are already on the the power button plus I don't have to deal the lint problem with a regular silicone case. And they don't stretch out as easily. Its was $19.99 from VZW

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
    05-26-2011 04:47 PM
    yup i got the same cover. got the droid charge as my company phone so i'm stuck with this phone for at least two years. trying to find a good hard case for it.
    05-26-2011 11:07 PM
    I actually just brought my case back to verizon... thankfully they are good with returns.

I picked a case up on eBay... MUCH better
    05-26-2011 11:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD