Has anybody experienced a long charge time when using the desktop cradle to charge the phone and a spare battery at the same time? When I first used it the charge light changed from red to green like it supposed to once the battery is charged. I put the phone and spare battery in at the same time around midnight. Today at 8:00AM the red charge light was still on. I checked the battery status on the phone and it was at 100%. The cradle manual states that when the phone and spare battery on both chaging the phone charges first, then the spare. Could I have a defective battery? I am going to swap batteries and see if I get different results. I think the VZW store can check the batteries to see if they are working properly.
    05-17-2011 08:04 AM
    Has anybody experienced a long charge time when using the desktop cradle to charge the phone and a spare battery at the same time? When I first used it the charge light changed from red to green like it supposed to once the battery is charged. I put the phone and spare battery in at the same time around midnight. Today at 8:00AM the red charge light was still on. I checked the battery status on the phone and it was at 100%. The cradle manual states that when the phone and spare battery on both chaging the phone charges first, then the spare. Could I have a defective battery? I am going to swap batteries and see if I get different results. I think the VZW store can check the batteries to see if they are working properly.
    I believe it will only charge the phone if they are both connected to the cradle. I found this out today. If the spare battery is in by itself it will charge. But if you have the phone and the spare battery connected at the same time it will only charge the phone. The spare battery will not get charged until the phone is removed. At least that is how mine is working.
    05-17-2011 02:15 PM
    I believe it will only charge the phone if they are both connected to the cradle. I found this out today. If the spare battery is in by itself it will charge. But if you have the phone and the spare battery connected at the same time it will only charge the phone. The spare battery will not get charged until the phone is removed. At least that is how mine is working.
    The manual states the spare will charge after the phone charges, however I am experiencing what you describe. My workaround is to put a battery in the spare slot when I get home. By the time I place the phone in the cradle the spare has already charged. Too bad it does not work as stated. One theory I had is maybe the spare would not fully charge if the phone is in bedside mode because the phone battery never gets exactly to 100%. I will still use the cradle since I prefer using the phone as a clock/alarm clock.
    05-18-2011 09:59 PM
    I wish there was a way to keep the dock from going into "clock only" mode. Almost makes the dock useless on my work desk. VZW confirmed that the feature isn't available to keep the dock in icon mode only.
    05-22-2011 01:59 PM
    Brian, if you are rooted you can freeze the dock app (assuming you don't use it at home).
    05-25-2011 02:22 PM
    Brian, if you are rooted you can freeze the dock app (assuming you don't use it at home).
    Not rooted yet, I took The OTA update so just waiting on someone to allow Zroot or another one click method to work again.
    05-26-2011 12:31 AM
    I did a factory reset on my Charge and now when I put it in the dock it stays in dock mode then times out to clock mode then after a while the screen goes blank. Before the factory reset it would time out to clock mode and stay that way all night. I have checked/changed various settings and it still goes to the blank screen. Any thing else to check/change?

THX
    05-29-2011 07:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD