06-23-2011 10:00 PM
42 12
tools
    Interesting.
    05-26-2011 11:46 AM
    Holy crap! The extended battery on the Tbolt looks better than that. My friend even modified his original VZ case to work on it just fine. I think it looks pretty slick but does add weight. He says it doesn't bother him a bit and now he gets 2 days on pretty heavy usage. (That assessment is subjective) but the point is it worked out pretty good. I had a Tbolt but returned it and trying to finalize my decision on one of the 3 LTE's now. Not waiting for a 'better' choice because the end of Unlimited Data is fast approaching and I will have one of them on my belt by the end of this weekend.
    05-26-2011 12:17 PM
    I'm probably going to have to get a extended battery, i'm up to about 8 hours now, lite to moderate use. the first two days out of the box i was getting horrible life. turned 4g, wifi, bluetooth, gps off, put screen on absolute lowest brightness with a black background, and barely used data, and was lucky to get 5-6 hours. Today has been better though. Maybe I just had to break it in. Also, I seem to have trouble holding onto a data connection. I live in Houston so we have 4g, but if for some reason it switches to 3g, or loses the 4g connection, and I let it sleep, i have to manually restart the data connection. That's annoying.
    05-30-2011 02:57 PM
    Also, I seem to have trouble holding onto a data connection. I live in Houston so we have 4g, but if for some reason it switches to 3g, or loses the 4g connection, and I let it sleep, i have to manually restart the data connection. That's annoying.
    Tell me about it! Here in N.Y. we have the same issue. If you go from 4G to 3G, your chances of getting any data on 3G are slim to none. You need to reboot the phone and wait and wait and wait and even then you MAY get data and may not.

Man, I really hope Verizon knows they have an issue here. How could they not have seen this testing these phones. I'll tell you based on a trip to a Verizon store with no 4G coverage, it's no different with the TB. Same issue. In fact I couldn't get an internet connection on the TB at all!

They are going to have trouble pushing their 4G devices if this is what the consumer is going to face. How many people are going to have the patience to reboot their phones every time the phone drops from 4G to 3G? You'll spend half your life rebooting...and even then there's no guarantee there will be data!
    05-30-2011 03:15 PM
    I just got the charge and the battery life is low, but it could be because I love this phone and can't put it down. I may look at the extended battery.
    05-30-2011 09:28 PM
    The extd battery is a good way to go, the battery doors are something you need to look for, Verizon was out of stock last week online and the stores don't carry them and of course Samsung doesn't include one with the battery (why would they, RIGHT). Do a quick search on Amazon.com I found a seller there offering the battery door for $3.99, got mine today and it was exactly as promised. Now if only Verizon could get a battery here as quickly, not due to arrive until tomorrow.
    05-31-2011 12:37 PM
    Here's the pictures i just took
    I dislike the hump will just get an extra batt.
    Thanks for the pics
    06-02-2011 11:14 AM
    The extd battery is a good way to go, the battery doors are something you need to look for, Verizon was out of stock last week online and the stores don't carry them and of course Samsung doesn't include one with the battery (why would they, RIGHT). Do a quick search on Amazon.com I found a seller there offering the battery door for $3.99, got mine today and it was exactly as promised. Now if only Verizon could get a battery here as quickly, not due to arrive until tomorrow.
    Please give the update how is it and the link for battery door THX
    06-08-2011 02:25 PM
    Any chance that you can find these at a Verizon store yet?

Got lucky and my local Verizon store had the batteries and one cover in stock. Charging it up now.
    06-12-2011 09:26 AM
    Can't wait to get one!
    06-16-2011 05:17 PM
    Need one post to view pics.
    06-20-2011 09:28 PM
    What did you search for on Amazon? That back door is impossible to find....
    06-20-2011 11:04 PM
    I found if u turn off the data when u don't need it your battery lasts muuuuch longer, I read it in a thread somewhere.
    06-21-2011 05:11 PM
    What kind of battery life are you guys looking for? Many members are reporting over 10 hours a day with normal use, pending a few settings adjustments. How much more does one really need?
    I have tried everything and only way I get more than 5 hours is if I barely use the phone. Even with display all the way down this sucker drains at 15-20% an hour
    06-21-2011 09:26 PM
    Does the battery need to be callibrated since this one has 1000 more amh than the stock one?
    06-22-2011 11:55 PM
    I just picked it up yesterday and the weight and feel isn't too bad. However, I am still seeing massive battery drain (Rooted running ABv5), went from 75% to 25% overnight with no use (7 hours).

I have Tweetcaster set to manually update only, but it used 48% of my battery overnight?
    06-23-2011 08:44 AM
    where can i get the battery and the door? is amazon or verizon store my best bet?
    06-23-2011 10:00 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD