07-31-2011 09:36 PM
51 123
tools
    My epic choked on that cheap card samsung through in. Its worth upgrading to a class six if you can.

From Archos With Love
    07-02-2011 06:33 AM
    This might be a dead topic but i thought id share with you all that I bought a lemon droid charge on Friday with a class two. Last night (5 days later) I replaced the phone at the same Verizon store and got one with a class 4. I don't think its much of a difference to anyone unless they are copying/ reading a lot of files.
    07-06-2011 12:18 PM
    Keep in mind how much of a difference it makes when you are trying to take a bunch of pictures of someone/something and you have to wait an extra second or two between every picture you take...
    That's probably the biggest issue in my mind when it comes to the card..
    07-06-2011 12:31 PM
    I know this is going to sound dumb but how does one check what kind of card they have? Is it as simple as taking it out and looking at or.... I dont know?
    07-06-2011 01:30 PM
    I know this is going to sound dumb but how does one check what kind of card they have? Is it as simple as taking it out and looking at or.... I dont know?
    Yes, it is as simple and taking it out and looking at it. It is usually a small number printing in a circle after the 32GB. I just checked mine a little bit ago and have a Class 4.
    07-06-2011 01:35 PM
    Yes, it is as simple and taking it out and looking at it. It is usually a small number printing in a circle after the 32GB. I just checked mine a little bit ago and have a Class 4.
    Awesome thanks!
    07-06-2011 01:42 PM
    I have asked several reps in Verizon stores what their opinion was on these cards and they had absolutely no idea what "classes" of cards meant.
    07-06-2011 11:05 PM
    As I understand it, the Class value only affects the read speed of the card. Therefore, if you have Class 6 vs Class 2, reading files or moving files to your computer would be much faster, but it should not present any problem having Class 2 for taking pictures, recording video, etc...
    No, it's the write speed. From what others have said, you probably want something faster than Class 2 if you're recording HD video to avoid dropouts. If you're running an app that frequently saves a lot of data to the card, it might also make sense to get a faster type.
    07-07-2011 08:43 AM
    mine a class 2 and i bought my DC from the verizon store. mine has lag in loading pictures in the gallery, my music sometimes doesnt play (requires a restart) and ringtones dont play (requires restart).

should i reformat the card? my phone is only about a week and a half old. I never had these types of problems with my samsung fascinate which had the factory 16gb memory card in it.
    Playing music isn't terribly demanding on a card, so if you're having any problems at all I doubt it has anything to do w/the speed of the card. Reformatting sounds like a good idea.
    07-07-2011 08:48 AM
    To add to the interesting debate, my first (defective) Charge came with a class 2. The replacement came with a class 4.
    I personally haven't noticed a massive difference yet, but the Gallery does seem a tad faster at finding new photos. I have yet to record any video on my new charge, Ill let you all know if there is a difference.
    07-07-2011 02:43 PM
    I am slightly upset that some have class 2 and some have class 4. I got my charge the second week of release, paid full price and it came with a class 2. I bought a thunderbolt for my girlfriend at the same time and it came with a class 4. I feel if the phone is advertised being able to take HD video the hardware it ships with should be up to the task. Matters not if I ever use the feature but I would sure be pissed if I was on vacation and wanted to use said feature and it wasn't up to the task.

I got scammed the last time I went to a corporate verizon store. I was lied to about Blackberry tethering and they ended up selling me a netbook and a BB. Partly my fault for impulse buying without doing research. Luckily this time I went to a independent store and had a much better experience. I have been a verizon customer for over 10 years and overall they have been good to me but I can see why they get get some of the flack from people.
    07-07-2011 04:22 PM
    I didn't know anything about different class SD cards before seeing this thread. So it got me curious to check and mine has a class 4. I just bought mine a week ago from a VZW store. I wonder if the early releases came with class 2 and along the way they decided to switch to class 4.
    07-07-2011 08:00 PM
    I have asked several reps in Verizon stores what their opinion was on these cards and they had absolutely no idea what "classes" of cards meant.
    When I mentioned the variance in classes of cards in the Charge, the rep who sold my wife her new phone claimed that all memory cards are the same speed.
    07-08-2011 02:55 AM
    When I mentioned the variance in classes of cards in the Charge, the rep who sold my wife her new phone claimed that all memory cards are the same speed.
    And they lied to your face...
    07-09-2011 10:33 AM
    I just checked and my Charge has a class 4 32gb card.
    07-09-2011 03:20 PM
    I just checked and my Charge has a class 4 32gb card.
    I just purchased a 32 gig class 10 from Frys for 80 bucks. Patriot brand. They had a PNY for 70 but sold out.

It took all of like two hours to copy 16 gigs of music. I felt that was definitely a speed increase. Over all it seems to load everything faster also. If it holds up ill keep it if not ill go back to my 4
    07-09-2011 09:57 PM
    mine came with a class2 and my wife's dinc2 came with a 16gb class4 so of course i had to swap them. she will never know the difference. and my phone is noticeably faster now. it was so laggy with the class2. now i still notice some slowness but not near as bad as with the class2.
    plong#AC likes this.
    07-12-2011 02:44 PM
    My class 10 does not mount with cwm. Returning it

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
    07-13-2011 03:34 PM
    mine came with a class2 and my wife's dinc2 came with a 16gb class4 so of course i had to swap them. she will never know the difference. and my phone is noticeably faster now. it was so laggy with the class2. now i still notice some slowness but not near as bad as with the class2.
    Classic. My wife got a Charge as well and I will do the same if she won the sd lottery and I didn't.
    07-15-2011 10:06 PM
    Classic. My wife got a Charge as well and I will do the same if she won the sd lottery and I didn't.
    Just tested mine and it comes in at a class 6. Happy about that. Phone is about 2 weeks old.
    07-17-2011 09:41 PM
    Just tested mine and it comes in at a class 6. Happy about that. Phone is about 2 weeks old.
    just where does one look to see what class the card is... i checked one i bought at VZW and i cant see anything telling me the class.. opinions!
    07-17-2011 11:23 PM
    Look at the card itself and it will have the class number on it.
    07-18-2011 08:02 AM
    Class 2 is a little slow for a phone in my opinion. Not killer, but it'd be nice to have at least a 4. You'll probably mostly notice it when playing back recorded HD video. Anyone doing a decent amount of video would probably want to opt for a Calss 6 or higher.

Day-to-day Class 4 likely will suffice. I'm looking in to the Charge and would definitely get a Class 4 at minimum.
    07-18-2011 08:06 AM
    I sent Samsung an email earlier regarding this. I'll give them a chance to make it right or I'll return the phone. In my opinion, if its advertised as recording in HD, it should do so out of the box. I'm not brand loyal and I have 60 days left to return to costco. I really like this phone, but I refuse to pay as much as I did and not have full phone capabilities.

Maybe in the next 60 days that mythical rainbow riding unicorn Bionic will be out...

07-21-2011 10:15 PM
    I sent Samsung an email earlier regarding this. I'll give them a chance to make it right or I'll return the phone. In my opinion, if its advertised as recording in HD, it should do so out of the box. I'm not brand loyal and I have 60 days left to return to costco. I really like this phone, but I refuse to pay as much as I did and not have full phone capabilities.

Maybe in the next 60 days that mythical rainbow riding unicorn Bionic will be out...

Did you have any luck with this? I discovered mine is a class 2 and won't record HD videos. I'm not pleased at all. Should Samsung or Verizon be contacted regarding this? Do you think they'll replace it with at least a class 4? This just isn't right.
    07-24-2011 05:45 PM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD