Stock "class 2" microSD Card

redskinsnut

May 20, 2011
Visit site
This was brought up in the thread discussing Lagging issues with the charge but I feel this deserves it's own place for discussion. The argument was made that the stock microSD card is a class 2 (some have class 4) and that this is an inferior product that Samsung has installed in the Charge.

Question is should I get at least a class 6 card or is the class 2 adequate? These cards on Amazon are at least 50 bucks. Thoughts?

Halcyon

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Depends on if you have money to burn. Class 2 would be fine if you dont mind a second more seek time. With the class 4 I have in my charge its plenty fast. 6 would of course be optimal. But in reality a 4 is all you really need.

FearTheGhost13

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
That's pretty crappy that some come with class 2 and others class 4... Oh well tho, we don't make the product we just pay for it. This discussion raises a question to my mind, how significant is the difference between the classes really? If we're talking only a matter of a few seconds in read time that's very minor to me. Is there more to it than that tho?

cltatenza

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
I got a class 2 with mine, that kinda sucks! Thing I could complain and get an upgrade from vzw?

Sent from Droid Charge using Tapatalk

ellje

May 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm class 2 from Costco...

Seems odd that the same vendor even has different cards. I noted that someone on the first page received a class 4 from Costco.

Kind of crappy, Samsung.

redskinsnut

May 20, 2011
Visit site
The big question is what is the deal with these cards? Do you really need a class 6? What are the advantages? Can you notice the difference between a 2 and a 4? Someone please educate me!!

Devinhfox

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
The big question is what is the deal with these cards? Do you really need a class 6? What are the advantages? Can you notice the difference between a 2 and a 4? Someone please educate me!!

It's really the write throughout.
Class 2 is 2 mbytes/s, and class 4 is 4 mbytes/s, etc.
Actual throughout can vary based upon other system specs, though.
Read throughput is similar though.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

anon(344812)

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Is this just involved with media, like pics/video saved in the camera? Where else would we see improvements, if at all?

FearTheGhost13

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

Ok so to me it honestly doesn't seem worth wasting money to get a "better" card. Mine came with a class 2 and I honestly don't feel that it is slow by any means. I'm sure it really would depend how much stuff you have on the card especially large files like videos.. But the fact of the matter is that it doesn't make much sense that some come with a class 2 and some with a class 4... That's just proof that not every phone is made the same.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
livinlavidaloca