07-12-2011 02:58 PM
28 12
tools
    Well OK since I have not had much play time with the case Im going to leave this to be a more Q&A session. Then in a day or so of use I will be better able to give my honest opinion. One thing I do find odd is that the lower keys are covered and there is no provision to let the light shine through. Enough for now here are the pics.
    orchidsbloom likes this.
    06-20-2011 07:56 PM
    I like it I think I will order one, thanks!
    06-20-2011 09:05 PM
    I know OtterBox cases protect very well, even if this one isn't waterproof it still looks like it'll protect from even a big drop. But my main concern with this or any case is how much bulk it adds? I know it claims to be rather sleek, but I honestly couldn't stand much extra bulk at all. I've got a TPU case on it right now and its perfect, but if this can protect the phone much better with very little added bulk I may consider it.

Also, how does the included screen protector compare to other offerings?
    06-20-2011 09:23 PM
    in the origional thread in the charge forum I talked about a friend who dropped his rock climbing from 40FT up a cliff and when he rappelled down it worked like nothing happened to it.
    06-20-2011 11:17 PM
    I know OtterBox cases protect very well, even if this one isn't waterproof it still looks like it'll protect from even a big drop. But my main concern with this or any case is how much bulk it adds? I know it claims to be rather sleek, but I honestly couldn't stand much extra bulk at all. I've got a TPU case on it right now and its perfect, but if this can protect the phone much better with very little added bulk I may consider it.

Also, how does the included screen protector compare to other offerings?
    It adds some bulk but not to the point that the phone feels bloated. The screen protector is a standard Verizon type fitted thick plastic sheet it is cut to the exact screen size. I have a Zagg on the handset so I wont be using it any time soon. Im not sure I like the non rubber coated outer hard shell its a bit slippery. The Incipio case similar to this has a soft touch rubber finish on the hard plastic, it makes it feel more expensive.
    06-20-2011 11:31 PM
    Looks good thanks for the post. Its on my list for when I go hunting
    06-21-2011 11:06 AM
    Nice! Tnx!
    06-21-2011 11:47 PM
    Nice! Tnx!
    I paid $25 for it on ebay from some cell outfit in New York. One suggestion I would like to give is to take dish soap and wash the rubber liner before installing it. It seems to have something sticky on it maybe some substance used to de mold the rubber. If you don't wash it good the rubber turns into a lint magnet.
    EasyP likes this.
    06-21-2011 11:54 PM
    I paid $25 for it on ebay from some cell outfit in New York. One suggestion I would like to give is to take dish soap and wash the rubber liner before installing it. It seems to have something sticky on it maybe some substance used to de mold the rubber. If you don't wash it good the rubber turns into a lint magnet.
    25$ thats a lot better than the 35 I paid to get it expedited. Thanks for the info any other good tips you have im getting mine tomorrow, seems like a good case for someone like myself
    06-22-2011 11:22 AM
    Cool.
    06-22-2011 02:42 PM
    Sorry to hijack! im gonna give my 2 cents about this case. Prior to this case the phone was naked, and I have never had any other case for this phone.

The good:

Protection. The case and screen protector does a very good job at protecting the phone. There is added protection for the screen because of the raised edges from the inner and outer skin.

The bad:

Bulk. I liked it when the phone was naked. With all the added protection, its bulky. Where u barely felt the phone in your pocket when it was naked, with this case, you will know the phone is there.

The Ugly:

The inner skin is loose, specially towards the bottom of the phone. I can guarantee dirt and dust to easily get between the phone and the case. The hardware buttons are also covered. No more lit buttons, some may like this, but I would rather have had the buttons open.

The Bottom line:

I like the case and I can live with it. With the lack of case options for the phone, this is the best so far. Those who dont mind the bulk will like this case.
    06-22-2011 08:49 PM
    You must have a bad case, the inner skin on mine is as tight as a drum all around the screen top bottom and sides.
    06-23-2011 07:20 AM
    Thanks for the pictures.
    06-26-2011 06:34 PM
    Bottom line after using the case a few days I DON'T Like it. The rubber parts are a pocket lint magnet and the huge un plugged hole in the case for the HD port lets in grit that scratched the battery door on the phone. The Incipio case is better, im guessing this is why Incipio didn't do a cut out for the HD port. If you are going to use this case go on ebay and buy a zagg type full body protector kit one that includes a sheet for the back door and install it before your battery door gets wrecked. You can buy non zagg brands fairly cheap.
    06-27-2011 08:11 AM
    i got mine on saturday as I was going out of town it was a perfect time for it to arrive, it's not bad I agree with the lint attraction it's all over my case. My biggest gripe though it with the plug's for the ports they are constantly popping out. and i'm not too fond of the button covers other than that it's decent and really protects the phone I'll use it untill the "next best thing" comes out
    06-27-2011 08:51 AM
    i got mine on saturday as I was going out of town it was a perfect time for it to arrive, it's not bad I agree with the lint attraction it's all over my case. My biggest gripe though it with the plug's for the ports they are constantly popping out. and i'm not too fond of the button covers other than that it's decent and really protects the phone I'll use it untill the "next best thing" comes out
    Go on Ebay and buy yourself a screen and body protector kit one that has a stick on shield for the back door so you don't get all scratched up.
    06-27-2011 09:31 AM
    Otterbox's products have been on a steep decline regarding quality over the last year or two. I used to swear by them, but after the problems pertaining to the EVO and iphone 4 cases I won't use their products anymore. Since I no longer work in the field requiring super protection I will never need to buy one of their cases again. And to note on your take on the silicon used by them.....yes they started using a different formula and manufacturer a year ago and the silicon is not the same as previous models.
    06-27-2011 12:39 PM
    Mine should be in shortly. I ordered it 10 days ago.
    06-27-2011 04:57 PM
    this post is so i can view the pictures. sigh.
    06-29-2011 11:59 AM
    I have it, I like the case, but this is my first smartphone so I'm not sure what else to expect. It does make it a lot bigger/heavier, but I'd imagine thats the price you pay for protection. It is strange to me that the top and bottom are uncovered to the same extent that the back is, but my hope is they know what they are doing.

It seems like quite a solid setup i have going and unless I see/hear about a product that is a vast improvement I think you could do worse. It is not a stylish case, its function over form which is what I'm all about. I have yet to drop my phone, but I immediately felt more safe after putting this bad boy on.
    06-29-2011 06:37 PM
    Do you think you should have held out for a defender or does it fit your needs well?
    06-29-2011 07:01 PM
    dropped my phone from about 5 feet up, case has already paid for itself imo
    06-30-2011 10:26 AM
    posting to see pics. Sorry if that's lame. I have ordered the Otter Commuter case but it hasn't arrived.
    07-01-2011 11:28 PM
    Thanks for the info!
    07-03-2011 12:28 PM
    Let me tell you, it's a SWEET case, I got mine for free the other day through my job
    07-03-2011 05:33 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD