Does a wireless charging dock exist?

roba5263

Jul 28, 2020
Visit site
Here is what I'm looking for but I cannot find it: a charging dock that does not require wires to charge the device. I want it to utilize wires only to charge the dock, which can then charge the device without being plugged in. Does such a product exist? Something like the attached picture.

Attachments

• 10173.jpg
    10173.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 12

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
So you want a stand-up wireless charging unit? What device? Some Pixel devices had or supported the Pixel Stand. The challenge with doing that kind of setup is that the charging coil inside the devices is not really standardized. On some phones it's low, others middle and others near the top so the stand really needs to be designed with the device in mind.

roba5263

Jul 28, 2020
Visit site
What I am looking for is a regular charging dock, that the phone plugs directly into, but the dock itself is wireless. It is essentially a power bank that doubles as a dock. You charge the dock wired, then charge the phone using that power.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Here is what I'm looking for but I cannot find it: a charging dock that does not require wires to charge the device. I want it to utilize wires only to charge the dock, which can then charge the device without being plugged in. Does such a product exist? Something like the attached picture.
Samsung makes a wireless battery pack but you just lay the device on the pack to charge

roba5263

Jul 28, 2020
Visit site
I think I am not explaining exactly what I'm looking for very well...

I want a charging stand/dock that can be charged, just like how power banks can be charged and then used to charge a device. The dock/stand would be charged, then unplugged, and can be used to charge a device without anything being plugged in, BUT the phone plugs in via usb-c into the dock. No "wireless charging" needed.
Wireless charging as the market defines it is silly in my opinion, because the charging 'pad' must be plugged in to use it. There is simply no connection from the phone to the pad. I have no interest in this. I want the phone to be plugged directly into the dock via usb, but the dock is wireless/chargeable. Am I making sense?

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I think I get what you're asking. I don't think one exists. I think those would have to be device-specific - different thickness devices would have different distances from the back for the USB port location otherwise you're stressing the port on one side or the other.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I think I get what you're asking. I don't think one exists. I think those would have to be device-specific - different thickness devices would have different distances from the back for the USB port location otherwise you're stressing the port on one side or the other.
Making a vertical wireless juicepack would solve the issue but I can't imagine it being a big market, especially since It also takes a long time to recharge the packs in order to provide a decent amount of charging capacity.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phone user