Why does my Galaxy S3 refuse to charge (obtained new battery and new charger cord/adapter)?

A

AC Question

Galaxy S3 refuses to charge (obtained new battery and new charger cord/adapter)

I recently bought a new replacement battery for my Galaxy S3 (unrooted etc) and when I try to charge it, I discover that the charging light turns on, but after hours and hours, the battery remains at 0% charge. I have tried with my original battery (at 23% charge) and it still does not charge. I have tried using different USB cables and adapter to no avail.

What is the problem with my Galaxy S3? Has the internals finally died?

I do notice sometimes I have to shift the USB cable to the left or right in order to get the charging ping and the battery icon (when phone is turned off) or the lighting bolt (if phone is turned on).

Help??

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S3 refuses to charge (obtained new battery and new charger cord/adapter)

I recently bought a new replacement battery for my Galaxy S3 (unrooted etc) and when I try to charge it, I discover that the charging light turns on, but after hours and hours, the battery remains at 0% charge. I have tried with my original battery (at 23% charge) and it still does not charge. I have tried using different USB cables and adapter to no avail.

What is the problem with my Galaxy S3? Has the internals finally died?

I do notice sometimes I have to shift the USB cable to the left or right in order to get the charging ping and the battery icon (when phone is turned off) or the lighting bolt (if phone is turned on).

Help??

Welcome to Android Central!

Your charging port / connector could be bad. I would check to see if there are any local repair shops that could fix it if that is the issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci