Why does my HTC ONE M8 battery drain/slow charge?

ian cabarcas

Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
HTC ONE M8 battery drain/slow charge

Hi there. I've been having slow charging/draining problems with my HTC One M8. I've tried calibrating the battery, and I've done a factory reset. Still nothing. Before the reset my power settings
(Settings>power>battery usage) said that my cell idle was taking 80% battery. Now it says 100% is phone idle. Any ideas/suggestions?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: HTC ONE M8 battery drain/slow charge

Welcome to the forums. What version of Android are you running? Something you may need to consider is reflashing the stock images.

Jetblackdiamond

Jul 14, 2015
Visit site

Maybe the charging port is faulty? About the battery drain, it could be an app running on the background, have u tried downloading gsam to see whats sucking your battery?

Posted via the Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

That might be in the base ROM too. I think that was one of the things 5.1 addressed.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

Hi there. I've been having slow charging/draining problems with my HTC One M8. I've tried calibrating the battery, and I've done a factory reset. Still nothing. Before the reset my power settings
(Settings>power>battery usage) said that my cell idle was taking 80% battery. Now it says 100% is phone idle. Any ideas/suggestions?

Could you post a screenshot of your battery statistics?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

Cell idle being that high (even 80%) means that you chose the wrong carrier. There's almost no signal where you are, so the phone's transmitter is always running at full power, which can suck a fully charged battery dry in a couple of hours.

Nothing in the ROM or the phone can change it - the carrier has to put up another tower or you have to move to a carrier that covers your area. (Run SignalCheck Lite and note the signal strength. I'm guessing that it's somewhat worse than -110db (IOW, a larger negative number). You want about -85db for a solid signal. (And since the scale is logarithmic, that 25db difference is about 350 times difference in signal strength.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol