Why won't my phone charge?

A

AC Question

For about 2 weeks now my phone has been very inconstant with charging (in most cases refusing to at all). Whenever I plug it in I get the "moisture detected" safeguard. This is since it spent maybe 5-10 minutes in a shallow, salt water puddle. I have dried it in rice, an airing cupboard, with a hair drier, still won't charge. I've tried many attempts to remove any salt that might be in there (I thought that may of been the problem) but still no charging. I'm getting very frustrated by it, and when I took it back to the shop, they plugged it in and, of course, it charged straight away, no problems. I've tried different sockets, leads, power supplies, nothing. Please help.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
"This is since it spent maybe 5-10 minutes in a shallow, salt water puddle." So it's now water-damaged. (If it were waterproof, the warranty would cover water damage - it's not, so it doesn't.)

"I have dried it in rice, an airing cupboard, with a hair drier" Sure ways to kill a phone. Read Oh, no! My Phone got Wet! so you'll know what to do when your next phone gets wet. (Salt water is particularly corrosive.)

"I've tried many attempts to remove any salt that might be in there (I thought that may of been the problem)" No, it's the action the salt water had on the phone's circuits during the first few minutes that's the problem.

"when I took it back to the shop, they plugged it in" NEVER bring it back to that shop again. The first thing you don't do to a phone that's been wet is charge it. You open it and thoroughly clean it first. At very least, your charging port is partially shot.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar