[Review] AUKEY USB C Power Bank, 20000mAh Portable Charger

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Folks,

Aukey sent me their AUKEY USB C Power Bank, 20000mAh Portable Charger. I'm part of their #TeamTECHKEY program. The power bank is incredible and really gets the job done.

In the package was the power bank, a USB A to USB C cord, the manual, and Aukey's famous warranty/support card. (You get a full 2 year warranty!). The power bank is a big boy! It's 20000mAh, and as such it has to be big, BUT it's not unreasonably big AND it's slim-line for easy carry in a bag (laptop, messenger, hand, etc). The USB cord is nothing special, BUT nice to have. Your own USB cords should work fine (more on that later). It's also not unreasonably heavy, BUT is solidly constructed. Size-wise it's about the size of older gen Phablet phones such as the original Note. The instructions manual is clear and concise AND in several languages.

So how does it work? I was able to top off several devices (4) at the same time, and charging was fast! I will note that my Apple devices charged a little slower. This thing has 4 outputs! And I had all 4 going. It has 3 USB A outputs, and a USB C input/output. It also has 3 inputs for charging the PB itself, the afore mentioned USB C, plus a micro USB AND a lightning port! I have tried recharging the PB with all 3 and they all work well! Does not support major "fast charging" standards, although perceptually it DID charge my devices quickly. My only complaint is that the ports on the Power Bank are not labeled. The USB A ports are obvious, BUT I kept confusing USB C and Lightning ports! Also there is only a 4 light power meter so you can't see exactly how much power is left, BUT it works, and this was not a major issue.
Bottom-line, this is an affordable, full functioning power bank. It charges up quick and is able to charge devices quickly.

Pros:
Slim-line design
Multiple input/output
Adaptive charging (it adjust to the max speed your device can handle)
Afforable

Cons:
It's BIG!
Charging Ports not labeled
Does not support QC or PD standards

If you are in the US, you'll find this at Amazon here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34