can't access interent while at work

freedda

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure if this is Android or Chrome related for both, but:

I'm trying to access the internet at work. We have Wi-fi available. On my laptop (XP) or iPod, I can access it to check my emails, etc. When I try to go online, I get a web page, like http//1.1.1.1 which asks me to accept the condition of use. I click okay, and I'm in.

On my Nexus 7, it shows a wi-fi signal and says its connected to the wi-fi here at work, but I can't access the internet. When I open the Chrome browser I get some kind of error page that says the certificates are not correct and asks if I want to continue anyway; supposedly, if I get to the next screen I can accept the terms and be online. However, the browsers seems to keep churning, trying to connect but it never does.

Our IT guy can't figure it out and thinks it is either something with the Android OS or with the browser settings. Any suggestions for how to make this work?

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I've never had that issue (and I just got my Nexus 7 today so I just went through that process since our work network is set up similarly). I would perhaps try a different browser first, such as Dolphin perhaps. Just to see if you can get it to come up.

freedda

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
I just found this answer on another forum, so hmmmmm: http://androidforums.com/captivate-...g/136159-wifi-never-brings-up-login-page.html

It is an Android problem that persists through to version 2.3.4 There is no browser or setting in any of the myriads of browsers, which will enable an Android platform to access certain login/password pages. I have an HTC G2 running current stock 2.3.4 and still have this problem. There are no solutions or answers and one gets the feeling that someone is busy deleting any mentions of this issue from existence. On the many websites you can find where someone has asked similar questions, there is never an actual solution or solid answer. Sorry.