Where has my GB Pound sign gone? - please help

ziffos

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I have been away on holiday and on my return find that my Samsung Chromebox will not display the GB Pound sign (key Shift + 3) - it displays the # sign instead (other changer are @ is showing when I Shift + 2 and " is showing when I Shift + " key.
I am using a Logitech wireless keyboard both for my Chromebox and my PC - it works perfectly on my PC.
I have checked my Chromebox settings to make sure that "Keyboard Settings" are still set for UK Keyboard and they are but its obvious that my Chromebox is somehow telling it to be a US keyboard!!!!

Any advice would be most welcome as I really need the GB Pound sign.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I found this on a Google Groups thread:

"If you want to activate the US International keyboard, the £ character is created by pressing altgr-shift-4, where altgr is the right hand alt key.

To activate the US International keyboard, go to chrome://settings/languages and check the US International keyboard box. You can then switch between the standard and International keyboards by pressing alt-shift. In any input area, a balloon at the cursor location will let you know which layout is active. You can continue to use the standard layout, press alt-shift to jump to the International layout, press altgr-shift-4 to enter the £, and then press alt-shift to go back to the standard layout."

See the thread here: https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!msg/chromebook-central/LjJcHBh3vYA/EFB6NhBxu_4J

ziffos

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Thank you.

Solved - made my UK keyboard into a US keyboard as per your directions - turned off my Chromebox - then turned Chromebox back on then reverted back to UK keyboard then turned off Chromebox then turned Chromebox back on - worked! :cool: