I'm looking to buy a Chromebox. Thought I'd ask you all.

Which model do you own?
    When did you get it?
    How is it holding up when you use it?

My Chromebook has a tendency to lag and with the minimal amount of RAM on these Chromeboxes makes me feel a bit worrisome.
    Any input is appreciated! Hope this helps out any on the fence buyers as well!
    10-27-2014 01:06 PM
    I'm looking to buy a Chromebox. Thought I'd ask you all.

Which model do you own?
    When did you get it?
    How is it holding up when you use it?

My Chromebook has a tendency to lag and with the minimal amount of RAM on these Chromeboxes makes me feel a bit worrisome.
    Any input is appreciated! Hope this helps out any on the fence buyers as well!
    I think a good number of (if not all current) Chromebox models can have their RAM upgraded by the user.
    itsjose likes this.
    10-27-2014 01:14 PM
    You have to be careful though. The HP Chromebox only has one memory slot whereas the ASUS has two (1 free).

That aside, I've got the HP and really like it. It's slightly slower than my C720, but I only found that out by benchmarking it. I think if I did decide to replace the 2GB stick with a 4GB stick, that would help.

I don't do anything more intense than web browsing - although I'm known to almost always have 10 tabs open at once.
    11-12-2014 11:12 PM
    I have the HP chromebox and it's working great,only had it for a month so far so I can't comment on long term use yet.
    12-31-2014 06:43 AM
    I got an HP 14 Chromebook with 4 GB RAM a year ago. I'm generally satisfied with it with one major exception: printing! It will not print to a legacy printer no matter what I try. I finally bought a new laser printer so I could print. The printer is very fast; but, using Google Cloud Print takes about a minute to send the print job out over the internet and back before the printer starts printing. I might as well have saved some money by buying a much slower printer. If I had known about the printing situation before hand, I probably would not have bought the Chromebook. Google ought to fix this. The claim that Cloud Print will work with legacy wifi-enabled printers is simply not true - it requires the legacy printer be connected to a running PC. Well, if one bought the Chromebook because their old PC quit, one wouldn't have a running PC to connect the printer to. I'm stretching this comment out in hopes that Google will realize how annoying this is and that it will cost them and their partners sales, then perhaps Google will fix it.
    Scott7217 likes this.
    01-01-2015 06:04 PM