In the past I could hold my finger on any image n it gave me choice to open or save image n such. Now it does not. I downloaded Opera to be able to save image. Is this a flaw or did they stop allowing it?

Phillyjoeyb
    08-31-2015 07:02 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Works on Chrome on my Zenfone 2. Where are the images you're trying to save?
    08-31-2015 10:20 PM
    This is why I hate forums. Jus read what I already wrote.

Phillyjoeyb
    09-01-2015 06:56 AM
    It doesn't matter. Before I could save any image from ANY page. Now it doesn't matter where I am. I can't save images.

Phillyjoeyb
    09-01-2015 06:57 AM
    This is why I hate forums. Jus read what I already wrote.

Phillyjoeyb
    I did read what you wrote. My question was where are the images that you're trying to save? In other words, are they images from Google Image Search on the web? Are they images on a news site? Imgur? I see in your followup post that you mean any and all images, so thank you for that clarification.

When you long-press an image, does any kind of menu appear?
    09-01-2015 10:56 AM
    Thanks. I know you are trying to help. I apologize. If I Google the word... Chair... Then I go to images of chairs on that page when it loads I hold my finger on it... No menu comes up.. If I click an image of a chair on the image page then the image becomes by itself with a blue website link under it where I can go to but the chair.. Or read a review of the chair or whatever... It won't let me bring up a menu. If I click the link..... Only then can I bring up a menu such as save image... Open image... Copy link... Copy url ect... But... I'm the past I could hold finger on image on the first page n save it.. The page that has the multiple images when you first Google n scroll to images.

Phillyjoeyb
    09-01-2015 08:39 PM
    Interesting. What phone do you have, and which version of Chrome are you using? I'm on 44.0.2403.133.

Have you already tried going to Settings>Apps>All, selecting Chrome, and Clearing Cache/Data? If that doesn't help, then it may also be worth wiping the system cache partition, but I need to know which phone you're using first.
    09-01-2015 11:57 PM
    Moto E2... newest chrome version

Phillyjoeyb
    09-02-2015 07:51 PM
    I did cache partition wipe. That 3D reset I did all the stuff that you guys are telling me to do I did already

Phillyjoeyb
    09-02-2015 07:53 PM
    Factory reset

Phillyjoeyb
    09-02-2015 07:53 PM
    These are the times I wish I could have the phone in hand to fiddle around with directly.

You probably did this already, but I didn't see you mention it specifically, so--in Google Image Search, tap an image to make it fullscreen (i.e., where you see the URL link below the image), and then​ long-press the image. Still nothing?
    09-02-2015 09:33 PM
    Ok.... You are gonna be upset with me... I really need to clarify n adjust... When I use my Google search bar.. That is when I can't save image. Heres what I did... I opened Chrome directly and I can save image from there !!! I typed in CHICKEN into address bar. I clicked many images. I can share save ect.. Sorry guys n girls. Now.. This brings about a new situation. Why doesn't my Google search bar use Chrome to search? Is it it's own browser? N no... I still can't save or share images from Google search. I can only if I open Chrome directly like I stated above.

Phillyjoeyb
    09-02-2015 11:19 PM
    Ps i like this forum
    B. Diddy likes this.
    09-02-2015 11:28 PM
    A-ha! Yes, Google Search is a separate app from Chrome. Any link that comes up with Google Search will be opened in your default browser (in your case, Chrome). But you're correct--images that come up directly in the Google Search app can't be directly saved. The only thing you can do there is to save or share the link. An odd discrepancy, which I agree should not exist. Send feedback to Google about this. Open Google Search, tap the hamburger menu icon at the upper left, and Send Feedback.
    Sizzers likes this.
    09-03-2015 11:25 AM
    My last phone was LG Mach I like the phone because of the physical keyboard. But also when you get a Google search you could save images from that. it integrated with that browser better than it integrates with its own companies browser which would be chrome. the browser on LG mock was Netscape I believe. Google search and my Netscape native browser got along very well.

Phillyjoeyb
    09-03-2015 11:43 AM
    A-ha! Yes, Google Search is a separate app from Chrome. Any link that comes up with Google Search will be opened in your default browser (in your case, Chrome). But you're correct--images that come up directly in the Google Search app can't be directly saved. The only thing you can do there is to save or share the link. An odd discrepancy, which I agree should not exist. Send feedback to Google about this. Open Google Search, tap the hamburger menu icon at the upper left, and Send Feedback.
    Yeah, discovered that myself and what a stupid omission.

Not a problem for me as I never use the app but it is for the people that do.
    09-03-2015 03:09 PM
    I send feedback and I was just recently a Google search update but that still did not fix the issue. They did however change the colors in the search bar and that's very important nothing else is important as having colors in your search bar.

Phillyjoeyb
    09-11-2015 08:20 AM
    Thanks everyone.

Phillyjoeyb
    09-20-2015 02:10 AM
    May b try 1 time try Desktop view on ur mobile ,left side tapping gives u options to select Desktop view

frm thr desktop view we can Save any Images by long pressing them...

when finish doing **** on images just tap again mobile view

Thnx
    12-23-2015 11:48 AM
    I've had this problem as well too, looks like I cant reply to OP but if anyone else has the issue the (extremely lame) work around is to go to your downloads in a file manager and rename the recently saved image. For some reason it isn't available to the rest of the system until you do this.
    04-14-2016 08:23 PM
    To download the image you gotta click on it and then, when it opens a page specifically for that image, you click and hold then it will show the options for download.
    09-04-2016 10:16 AM
    there were very useful information here thank you
    01-03-2017 03:15 AM
    To download the image you gotta click on it and then, when it opens a page specifically for that image, you click and hold then it will show the options for download.
    Just tried this on FB and it didn't work. I want to use Chrome and the FB mobile site on my phone, but the ability to save photos is a must.
    01-21-2017 10:42 AM
    I have chrome v57. I am able to save any image is it is not a link. If it is a link, then it try to save the link or the page link points to. I try sites that you mention in the thread like https://www.facebook.com/, it works fine for me
    04-13-2017 01:35 PM
    Thx. I've since learned you have to select view full size of the image, the press and hold to get the option to save it.
    steevnn68 likes this.
    04-14-2017 09:48 AM